Puppeteer

Author Topic: Startomatic Generator Rewind  (Read 16994 times)

tiger

• Retired-Retarded-Work well with adult supervision
    • View Profile
Re: Startomatic Generator Rewind
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2014, 12:57:25 AM »
Jimboz: I think at this point I would be amiss if I did not have you read up on armature testing using a growler. they can be homemade if you can't find one locally. do a internet search with "growler armature tester" on the search line. good luck.
Metro 12/2 ST 10 KW

jimboz

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2014, 01:07:15 AM »
You guys are the best!  Now if i could just figure out if i have a chromed bore i could get some parts on order.

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2014, 03:48:47 AM »
Jimboz.......... thanks for your question about chrome bore and the startomatic generator questions. Thanks everyone else for the great responses. I have one sitting out there waiting for its turn with my attention. The same questions would arise here, and now they are getting great answers.
I don't think these have been previously addressed with such detail. Nice photos too.
Cheers,
Hugh
JKSON6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1963 BMW R-27 project

ses

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2014, 09:47:14 AM »
Jimboz.......... thanks for your question about chrome bore and the startomatic generator questions. Thanks everyone else for the great responses. I have one sitting out there waiting for its turn with my attention. The same questions would arise here, and now they are getting great answers.
I don't think these have been previously addressed with such detail. Nice photos too.
Cheers,
Hugh

I'll second you on that Hugh!

I am very grateful for this dialog and feedback for my future reference.

Thanks all!

Ses