Author Topic: newbie  (Read 3427 times)

chaldon3

• View Profile
« on: November 25, 2013, 07:46:31 PM »
hi guys my first post. firstly thank you for allowing me to join the forum.
i live in north wales.
in my garage.
lister petterr ac1 series 2 with som Italian gear box electric start. top hand start, internal charger. unused from manufacturer.
lister petter ac1 series 1 with som gear box, electric start.
lister petter ad1 direct injection electric start
                                                             garry.

honda lee

• View Profile
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:14:48 PM »
Hi Garry, my name is Lee ang I live in south central Missouri. I am setting up a homestead and using a listeroid 8/1 for power. I also have a 25/2' an hr3 genset  and a changfa 195s genset. Trying live off grid and grow all my own food but not there yet. Welcome to the forum there's a lot of good people here willing to give advice when needed about the only thing they ever ask for is pics of your projects.
Welcome!

chaldon3

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 10:00:31 PM »
hey thanks for the welcome you have some serious engines cool hope every thing goes well for you.regards garry.

Hugh Conway

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:29:22 PM »
Welcome Garry;
I am relatively new here as well, and have been given the benefit of quite a lot of hard earned experience and wisdom from many of those whom have posted here. I'm sure you will also find this forum a wealth of valuable information, interesting insights, ideas, and some amusement as well.
As Honda Lee before me, we're also off grid and have been fairly successful in the growing of food. It is an interesting life, Listers and Listeroids have played an important part in enabling this.
You will meet many different sorts here, all interesting characters doing all sorts of interesting things......visit often and let us know how you are coming along.
Cheers,
Hugh
JKson 6/1  (Utterpower PMG ) Off-grid
Lister 6/1 Start-O-Matic engine......running with PMG
1978 Royal Enfield (glutton for punishment by Indian iron)
1963 BMW R-27 project

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2013, 12:18:42 AM »
Hi Garry, you live in your garage  ???  That's excellent but it's too damn cold here in Canada to pull that off. I have been here a long time and usually post just to troll. Have you been to the Internal Fire museum there in Wales ? That would be a must see for a diesel man.
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 07:51:07 AM »
Hi Garry,

Welcome to the forum! Glad you are here! I run a Lister/Petter dealership in Kansas that also includes providing parts and engine kits for the Indian clones and provide power generation service work across the breadth of bush Alaska. I used to live off-grid in Alaska and have much experience running the old Listers for prime power.

dieselgman - Gary
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

chaldon3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 05:50:25 PM »
hi guys great warm welcome. i do spend a lot of time in my garage but live in my house. internal fire museum is a wonderful place to visit.
when i was a very young lad i fished for a living and was dependent on my lister engine,now its a hobby and an admiration of these wonderful bullet proof engines.
for some of you guys these engines play a fundamental part in you and your family's lives . you have my full respect.
hope to chat in the near futre, i will fill out my profile. kind regards garry.