Puppeteer

Author Topic: Startomatics in Utah  (Read 5818 times)

DirtbikePilot

• Spinning flywheels are cool....
    • View Profile
Startomatics in Utah
« on: October 26, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
I'm interested in buying just the electrics from the VA startomatic that's for sale in Utah. I'd pay 1100 for the electrics, leaving the base and engine for 3000 if anybody is interested. It seems to be a really nice unit. http://www.ebay.com/itm/171142971594
Currently no listeroids, sad........ very sad.....
Just some other antique engines ranging from 40 pounds to 33,000 pounds each.

DirtbikePilot

• Spinning flywheels are cool....
    • View Profile
Re: Startomatics in Utah
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:59:13 PM »
BTW, I live in Kayenta Arizona and could bring whatever you want down here if that makes anything easier for somebody.
Currently no listeroids, sad........ very sad.....
Just some other antique engines ranging from 40 pounds to 33,000 pounds each.

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 06:58:50 PM »
DBP, why break apart a fantastic set like that and leave the next guy looking for electrics  ???  Step up and buy it all or leave it alone.

Edit-sorry if I come across as a dick but I would not break a set apart as a buyer or seller. Better to search and marry components together than to divorce a complete set, capiche ?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 07:11:39 PM by contaucreek »
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:46:20 PM »
We have some original SOM electrics in Kansas... one complete setup for 6/1 and another smaller British head for 5/1. Available if needed.
gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 07:49:42 PM »
Or I could sell him an imacculate Markon  60 HZ 110 Volt 4 KVA alternator with 24V start and charge windings, VA and cast base optional.

Mark.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 08:23:19 PM »

Bugger me!

I know listers have their charm but at those prices, people in the states must be a whole richer than I thought!

Four factors play largely in controlling the market  CS Listers dont grow on trees here as in some other parts of the world.  Our money versus just about the entire rest of the world has lost value.  The importation ban has made 'roids a less attractive alternative. lastly despite all the above there is still demand.  A Listeroid single no matter if you buy a kit, or import a compressor or buy and engine and import iis going to cost a person at least $2500 buy the time he has it shipped to the Mid-west.  In my world the choice between a $2500 roid or a rebuilt $3000 cs is pretty easy to make, apparently for others too as I have a back log to fill when I find engines to rebuild.

I think the same thing when I see LA or LB IHC engines sell in England, you could buy half a pick up truck load of them here for what they pay for one., LOL  :D
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 09:01:24 PM »
Location, location, and location... isn't that what the realtors say?  :laugh:

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2013, 11:31:41 AM »
NEVER try to mix common sense and the EPA, it just plain does not work because their decision making  process does not include any common sense.
As far as I know,,no slow to medium speed engines of any kind are EPA approved. As for what they advertise the less honorable of the Chinese will take anyone's money for non-approved engines and set them on a ship because once there they have done their duty. Getting them off a ship at port is the buyers problem. 
 I have two cute little 9 HP Chinese diesels in the shop that are at least EPA tier 3 legal  but they are small displacement  2 cylinder high speed engines.  The EPA regs are too complicated for anyone outside of "the loop" to understand. An example is the air cooled Yanmars and China clones of same. The 10HP engines are legal, the little 3.5s are not ?  I have not seen any of the mid sized 6HP or L70s lately? maybe the have been banned too?
Collector and horder of about anything diesel