Author Topic: Need help with Lima generator head  (Read 25278 times)

honda lee

• View Profile
Re: Need help with Lima generator head
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 01:31:48 AM »
I checked all nine wire to case ground no continuity .

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 03:40:11 AM »
Good... You will still need to find L0 if you want to access the low voltage, yours is most likely 480volt 3-phase as-is.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2013, 07:53:26 PM »
Hi Gary, please let me know what you would like the pictures to include. I have pulled the rear end cover back a few inches To expose the windings,but did not completely remove the end due to the fact some windings or electrical components seem to be atached to end cover .
Thanks lee

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2013, 10:50:40 AM »
Gary, I got your email and would like some info on removing the end of gen without damaging anything to get you some better pics. As I am removing end cover there is some electrical component moving with end cover like they are attached  and wires go  from there to main winding. Can you help me with some instruction to expose what what you need to see so I can avoid damaging anything in the process .thanks

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2013, 01:37:57 PM »
Perhaps yours has some uncommon attachment, but most LIMA heads have only the bearing to deal with on the end cover. Removing it will only give access to the rectifier and exciter windings. Stator windings can only be accessed once the rotor has been removed from the unit. Again, some proper pictures of the main housing exterior would possibly help us identify your unit.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 06:58:31 PM »
Just came back to this as I have been given a Petter AC2 with an Allam 415 / 240 3 phase generator on it. The guy couldn't start it and was glad to see the back of it. Got it home and as I couldn't hear it squeaking decided to check the lift pump sucking from the base tank. Sure enough it wasn't pumping but I soon rectified that and after it bled itself with some repetitive action I cranked it up. Took off immediately, up to the 3000 rpm as stated on the casing. Anyway I was planning on making it single phase 240/ 120 and looked back at the zig zag connection sent by dieselgman a while back (diag G) and the way I see it there should be high voltage output between L2 and L0 and low between L1 and L0. Between L1 and L2 would bring you back to 460 v wouldn't it ??? Couldn't another L0 be placed between the T2,T8 & T6, T12 connection? My unit has separate windings for excitation, a capacicitor, a transformer and a bunch of diodes. I only see 6 wires apart from 3 for the excitation so I guess the main windings are connected inside somewhere. Still to be investigated. I just had to go and look at a 1987 HL6 generator unit that is on automatic standby but failed to run in a recent power cut. It has a tank in the base and a lift pump along with a leak at the base of the rotary injection pump that allowed air to enter the system and prevented it starting. So Sunday I have to go and replace the joint and bleed it again. We have to do it at the weekend because it is at the university law department and they get a bit miffed when it starts !!!
Blue
Owned; Lister ST1, ST2, JP4, LD1 & 2x Blackstone ERS8. Petter AA1, AC2 and still up for it !!!