Slow Speed Diesel Engines > Red Stone Engines

Anyone using Redstone now?

<< < (3/3)

rp48:
I finally got my Redstone up and running. Have had it since 2009. I took it apart, cleaned and checked everything. Put about 2hrs. on it, then stored it. Moved it to my new pole building last week. Made a hardwood skid and mounted it and a 5kw ST head that I also have had since 2003. I plan on getting a 10kw head this winter to hook up to the engine. The engine starts and runs fine.

Ron

Tom:
They do look like a pretty much standard china diesel with the addition of a second flywheel. Perhaps a specialized version for electrical generation?

Randybee1:
RP48: When you took it apart was there much dirt/sand etc inside? Also, does it run smooth on that pallet or is there some vibration

rp48:
Randybee1;   There is some vibration, but not severe enough to cause a problem. I run the engine about 1400rpm to achieve 1800 rpm/60hz at the generator. When I put a 4800watt on it, the engine smooths out.

Randybee1:
Good to know. I have mine mounted onto an I-beam frame. I have the Almand pulley and will be running at about 1500 rpm.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version