Puppeteer

Author Topic: Casting Sand and Cracked Block on my GTC brand engine!  (Read 52500 times)

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
Re: Casting Sand and Cracked Block on my GTC brand engine!
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2006, 12:52:22 AM »
Cujet
By posting here, you have effectively killed a lot of sales for NA for these guys.  BTW you helped me decide to buy a real lister, thanks
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

kpgv

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2006, 02:09:44 AM »
Chris,

Some of the problems seem to come up, BUT some of the problems you have with these are borderline fraud, and maybe even criminal. The cracked case "welded" and bondo'd over, and then sold as full price 1st rate NEW, and not even as a "second" for "less" stands out.
Nothing wrong with tying a can to the tail of an Unrepentant Thief and Crooked Company.
Thanks!!!

Kevin

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2006, 04:44:38 AM »
Pics are up in coppermine! You will not believe them! They are hi res large pics, so I placed them in seperate abums. cujet, cujet1 and cujet2 each have a pic you shoud see. In particular, look at cujet1, as this is about the casting sand and casting flaw in the block.

Chris
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

ixtow

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2006, 03:21:40 PM »
Holy crap!  The rod bearing pic is amazing.  How could anyone believe that was a good idea?  This isn't even about listeroids anymore.  I have to wonder if they have the slightest clue about rotating assemblies in general.

Hmmm... maybe I should duct tape my tires onto my car instead of bolt them?  It probably works in India.  :-)

Doug

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2006, 06:20:39 PM »
Sad truth is I used to do the same thing here in Canada on bearing housing for electric motors. I'm not proud of that statment but its an old dirty trick...

Doug

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2006, 06:32:53 PM »
http://taybridgedisaster.co.uk/index/index

Filling bad castings with shit and painting over it isn't new, or confined to the 3rd world
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2006, 07:01:25 PM »
Well Lock-tite green is the civilized way to do it.  ;)
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

lgsracer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2006, 07:25:37 PM »
http://taybridgedisaster.co.uk/index/index

Filling bad castings with shit and painting over it isn't new, or confined to the 3rd world

That is the truth! There is a shipyard in the US that lost it's license to build submarines due to something like this. The welders were paid production (by the foot) more bead they could sling out in a shift the more they got paid, They caught them tossing files, scrap and other metal bits into hull welds and welding over them to increase their production. Lot of rework ensued and that yard never worked on another submarine. Ingles Shipyard in Pascagula Mississippi.

solarguy

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2006, 08:27:47 PM »

That is the truth! There is a shipyard in the US that lost it's license to build submarines due to something like this. The welders were paid production (by the foot) more bead they could sling out in a shift the more they got paid, They caught them tossing files, scrap and other metal bits into hull welds and welding over them to increase their production. Lot of rework ensued and that yard never worked on another submarine. Ingles Shipyard in Pascagula Mississippi.

Wow, I would think the welders would be savy enough to realize the x-ray and other QC measures would look terrible with all that junk filler.  Even if they just do spot checks here and there, even the gov't will eventually catch on and fire you.

Finest regards,

troy

oldnslow

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2006, 10:13:48 PM »
Gentlemen, before we start making excuses and shipping them free marine-tex let's remember that it would have been pretty darn easy to just move on to another casting.

Perhaps we could post a brand rating for Listeroid manufacturers? 
Mistakes are the cost of tuition.

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2006, 10:25:46 PM »
Gentlemen, before we start making excuses and shipping them free marine-tex let's remember that it would have been pretty darn easy to just move on to another casting.

Perhaps we could post a brand rating for Listeroid manufacturers? 

I think you need a "what fits what" for the various listeroids, can you put a fuking crank in a jkson block with an anand rod etc?
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

Doug

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2006, 02:38:19 AM »
Or another angle may be to cantact an Indian engine dealer. A guy who sells engines not as an agent from a works or export company but a guy with a shop who sells engines to the Indian public. That kind of person would not be in buisness long if he was selling scrap.

Idealy you want a guy who buys engines does a PDI and covers the warranty. A guy makes money the old fassion way and knows quality gets him buisness.

Doug

Now how would we track down a large volume engine retailer and get him to play ball?

snail

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2006, 03:49:09 AM »
Hi all,
      Has anyone ever heard of an indian manufacturer who monitors this site? I can't believe that none of 'em know we're here. Maybe one will join up if we promise not to bite!

Cheers,

Snail (another ex B44 owner!)

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2006, 04:52:27 PM »
I believe that Atul Patel reads this site. He has said so to Rocketboy. However I do not think he has posted here.

I would really like to hear from him here.

By the way, he is a stand up guy. He offered to send me (through Rocketboy) a new block, even though I did not purchase from him! He has also sent spares to us, free of charge. Some of which are the "latest and greatest quality"

Chris
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

enginepower

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2006, 08:55:32 AM »
Mr.Chris..

I was reffered to this message board by one of my valued clients.I have gone through all the messages exchanged in this board with refrence to the CASTING FLAWS IN GTC ENGINE and also seen the pictures posted by you.I am indeed very sorry to know about it.Its indeed a genuine mistake at our end.

At the outset let me apologise for the flaw that has taken place in this particular engine of yours.I have cross checked at my factory level and found out the mistake and have taken appropriate action against the responsible person at the shop floor and inspection level.I can just say is that it’s an unfortunate situation and I hold the onus on my company for this flaw.I shall ship   a new  cranckcase FOC to you.

You have imported 3 engines at that time and I agree with RB that it was sample engines.The other 2 engines are doing good and I remember one of the single cylinder engine you have painted it Copper PU colour to the wheels and parts and Black colour to the body.I am sure both the other engines are working good and you have no problems with it.

This particular engine I remember you intimated by email earlier about the con rod and other small problem and I had replaced the spares FOC delivered to your works.You appreciated in your emails for the excellent customer care and after sales service and also the quality of the parts.

We take utmost care in production of our products and engines but this is an unfortunate situation that so many flaws have taken place.I am not comparing my company to Merceedes Benz or Lexus and rightly so but such situation do come in their supplies also sometimes.I repeat that its a mistake and my company stands for it and ready to replace the damaged part.

I am and have been supplying my engines in USA market for quite sometime and all my clients are satisfied by our products and infact claim that our products are best compared to other available in the market.It keeps us going and we have improved over the period of time.

You mentioned in this board that you have sent me a mail on the holes in the crankcase but I am afraid I haven’t received it as yet.If you check our records and exchange of emails you will agree that I never keep unanswered emails.I feel that your comment of my company not answering your email is  not true.

I wish to inform you that I use to log on to this forum but I have seen that members always criticizing the Indian engine manufacturers and the quality of the products.The criticism is so bad sometimes that it gives the new members and other members a feeling that all Indian engines are junk and useless.You also used the word JUNK and WORST product for our engine.You have the other 2 engines which are up and running.Is that also JUNK?

The forum paints INDIAN QUALITY with a broad brush and generalize it for all brands.Thats not fair.I use to read it very often and finally quit the forum.I am sure if the people will stop “BITING” a lot of Indian manufacturers will log on  exchange ideas and improve the QC.All Indian companies are not the same else people around the world wouldn’t look at India for subcontracting or even for buying equipments, machineries etc.

Some members just keep criticizing and encouraging the other member in spreading a bad name for the product and mislead the people.

The good thing about the forum is it really helps in solving some technical issues and understanding a product better

I quote below what JOHNF13 quoted on the board:

"For those reading this board and concluding that EVERY engine out there is bad, please remember that the people contributing here generally want to discuss problems they have encountered and are looking for fixes.  Very rarely do you get people saying that their engines are working fine, thank you!  It does give a slanted impression of the overall quality of Indian imports - yes, there are some bad ones, but there are also many good ones"

UNQUOTE

Thanks for your support.Your statement is one of the reason that has inspired me to log on the forum and clear my stand.GTC will always accept mistakes if it is genuine and try and correct it to the best possible and that’s what has made us reach to this level.

Mr.Chris I once again apologise for the mistake of my factory staff and assure you my best attention and best product always.The matter has just been brought to my notice and hence I am replying to you now.

Lastly to all the board members sorry If I have come harsh with my words with respect to the discussion board and members writing and sharing their inputs.But it’s a very humiliating situation for the PRODUCT and the MANUFACTURER to read it at times…Don’t tag everybody in one line without giving the supplier a chance to explain.I dont know about others but if it comes to my engine I will certianly like to clear the issues on the board and have no problems for that.This is the first time such a situation has happened in case of my product.
Khalid Khan
GTC Engines