Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

Where are you calling from?

(1/3) > >>

t19:
Well it seems that somehow the General area and this thread got deleted, so I thought I start it again, here were most of the action seems to be.  You know the Drill

Who :  T19 - Andrew - Canadian
Where : Living In Ottawa, well Navan actually
What :  Ex Armoured Tanker, now computer geek, looking to protect family from the power faileurs we get
How :  Looked at gas, natural gas engines, and then Chinese Diesels.... Now I have focused on getting a LISTOID, not sure if it will be a 12/2 or 10/1

Like hockey (what else is new) like guns (so un Canadian) and love my new ski-doo
I want to eventually move to a new home, off grid, and hope to have my own Lister by the Spring... come on you can't do much with the snow!!!!

cheers

Andrew

hotater:

Who:  Hotater
Where: S. Idaho USA
What:  Gunmaker, engraver, machinist, and a good guy.  ::)
How:  I moved off grid to a facility run by big Onan diesels at 3 gallons an hour...The Lister came naturally after that.

I found a Listeroid on ebay while nearly buying one of the Detroit RR gensets.  Thank goodness I didn't...just heard one run.
It's easy to read more about me and Magic Hot Springs at uttterpower.com.  You should go there to learn about engines whether you read my stuff or not!    ;)

WWIProps:
Hotater,

Did you get yours from Charlie in Maine?

Reno Speedster:
Who :  Reno Speedster - Morgan - American
Where : Hazen Nevada (45 min east of Reno)
What : Ph.D. Student in Histroical Archaeology / Ex gunstore owner
How : Saw a listeroid on George's site and fell in love with them, bought an Ashwamegh 6/1 to provide power to my off grid 40 acres

Like American western guns (collect some Colt SAAs and lever action Winchesters, Sharps and Spencers).  I bought my spread in rural Nevada so I would not have to look at the neighbors and would have someplace to shoot whenever I want.  I also collect / rebuild Model T Ford "Speedster's" (the origional American hot rod and the basis of stock car racing in America).  My dad was a machinest and an industrail arts teacher/ gunsmith/ hand engraver/ and world class craftsman in silver, gold, ivory and wood so, I grew up in shops working on nifty old things.  I love old machinery and old technology so the Lister types fit me to a T.

hotater:
Props--

I got Joel in Oregon interested in this place, where the Listeroid would run more than half the day every day and suckered him into coming down to look at it with the engine in the back.

The engine was one of those 'eggs left in the carton after you've just broken a rotten one'  things.
  It took a while to convince  him I WANTED a bad one I could fix it 'my way'.  Then it took a while to convince him to sell it....., so he took it out of the 'anchor pile' and brought it to me.

Joel is the only guy I know that can eat a yard of fish sticks.   ;D ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version