Author Topic: Climate Warming a hoax?  (Read 199555 times)

millman56

• View Profile
Re: Climate Warming a hoax?
« Reply #480 on: March 28, 2013, 08:10:17 AM »
According to our recently-resigned (retired) Government Chief Scientist, Global Warming (ah, sorry, Climate Change) is real, but now there's a 25 year delay between cause & effect.... so any "warming" we're seeing now is a result of the 1980s. Must be all that hairspray.

Just like the health and safety industry,  the global warming industry has outgrown its reason for being and is a global problem in its own right with an army of self interested charlatans and politicians drowning out the commonsense people.    Of course anyone running a CS on veg oil is to be commended for their efforts to stave off global warming.

Mark.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:36 PM »
The Tooth Fairy is alive.

The part of the myth I like is that we can try to release all of the carbon and associated heat from around the Mesozoic era but not return to that environment - climate.  Perhaps once the mast ocean algae populations come to life and the oil and coal beds begin to reform the planet will return to a more human friendly place.  So get out there and over fertilize that lawn today.  Save the planet.  Better living through chemistry.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

skippytdi

• View Profile
« Reply #482 on: March 29, 2013, 01:01:26 AM »
The Tooth Fairy is alive.

The part of the myth I like is that we can try to release all of the carbon and associated heat from around the Mesozoic era but not return to that environment - climate.  Perhaps once the mast ocean algae populations come to life and the oil and coal beds begin to reform the planet will return to a more human friendly place.  So get out there and over fertilize that lawn today.  Save the planet.  Better living through chemistry.

Casey

And technology!  A few years ago i went out and had my 20 year old cast iron boiler with a wall mounted plastic one that saves me twenty bucks in gas a year...  Although it was a tad more expensive, and i need to replace it because they stopped making my particular model two years ago and the parts are no longer available... and i need a part...

http://www.searchautoparts.com/motorage/maintenance-repair/cracking-toyotas-code
Heres a brilliant article showing how your cars brakes and electronics may be blood relatives... Except this guy is so stupid, when his wifes car loses its brakes cause of an electonics failure he doesn't scrap the car, he fixes it...

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: March 29, 2013, 04:57:02 PM »

And technology!  A few years ago i went out and had my 20 year old cast iron boiler with a wall mounted plastic one that saves me twenty bucks in gas a year...  Although it was a tad more expensive, and i need to replace it because they stopped making my particular model two years ago and the parts are no longer available... and i need a part...

The Iphone 5 uses a different charging/data connector.  Poor Apple Corporation now has to resupply all of the accessories that make the Iphone such a great companion.  So the battery died in my four year old Iphone this week.  Do fix it or upgrade to the 5.  If the battery replacement doesn't work I'll be going to another OS.  Yup, a different battery voids the warranty.  I wonder why it doesn't void the copyrights?  Wait a minute.  Perhaps I should pick up another used Iphone GS for a few dollars, stick my AT&T card inside it and help save the planet. 

The only constant is change.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

skippytdi

• View Profile
« Reply #484 on: April 06, 2013, 02:41:12 AM »

The Iphone 5 uses a different charging/data connector.  Poor Apple Corporation now has to resupply all of the accessories that make the Iphone such a great companion.  So the battery died in my four year old Iphone this week.  Do fix it or upgrade to the 5.  If the battery replacement doesn't work I'll be going to another OS.  Yup, a different battery voids the warranty.  I wonder why it doesn't void the copyrights?  Wait a minute.  Perhaps I should pick up another used Iphone GS for a few dollars, stick my AT&T card inside it and help save the planet. 

The only constant is change.

Casey

I get in heated debates regarding iphone versus android with an old school chum.  Hilarious, i've used the inability to change your own battery without a screwdriver arguement with him but i forgot his rather crafty defensive reply.
Its quite a shame that humanity hasn't demanded change for the better. 
Perhaps as a species we deserve to get the rather soiled end of the stick.