Puppeteer

Author Topic: Papa's in the dog house (feel my pain ?)  (Read 7694 times)

honda lee

• View Profile
Papa's in the dog house (feel my pain ?)
« on: March 25, 2013, 04:37:38 PM »
Hi all, I have contracted the Lister disease a couple of years ago with my first purchase from Gary of a 8/1. I have been having a lot of fun powering the construction project of our new house, but when I told my wife I would need something bigger to power her AC in the summer she reluctantly gave the ok and I bought my first Real lister an hr3 with 20 kw Lima power head. It's been cold so haven't had much time to work with it much. Then unexpectedly a 25/2 listeroid comes up on eBay and of course the wife says you don't need it you just got the other one a few weeks ago besides that you said if you buy the hr3 we would have all the power we need. To make a long story short I bought it anyway and boy was she pissed in 12 years of marriage I never saw her so mad it lasted for days and days. This may be my last engine I get for a few years or she may bury me with it lol .
Any way question ? Can you run a hr3 gen set using only 2 cylinders to save on fuel?

overbore

• View Profile
Re: Papa's in the dog house (feel my pain ?)
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 04:55:03 PM »
Listers can not be replaced-- 8) BUT the supply of nags is going up :laugh:

ob

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 05:19:23 PM »
A couple of eternal questions of life. 

1.)  Why does a woman understand a shoe or dress sale and not a screaming deal on a diesel engine?  The shoes are crap in 6 months (generally speaking) and the cast iron beast shall live forever.

2.)  When a sister shows up with an identical item - her item converts to crap almost at the speed of light.  A brother shows up with a like item and we have a moment of bonding.  Your wisdom is my wisdom!

And gentlemen - - Never use the "I did it for you!"

Oh, and "Yes dear" is a two way street.  When you agree NOT to buy an important tool for community support and security it's called a contract in most bars I used to know. 

Best Wishes,

Casey

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
Listers can not be replaced-- 8) BUT the supply of nags is going up :laugh:

ob

;)
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 09:39:42 PM »
Simple answer. The Lister competes with her for attention. My wife was not to thrilled with my Listeroid purchase either, but it powered our home construction and is now doing yo-mans duty backing up our solar off-grid home and heating it to.

On another subject I've been asked how many guns do you need???? I never could come up with a good answer until I responded with "how many pairs of shoes do you need?" I don't hear much about it now.  ;)
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

Copybell

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 09:44:21 PM »
Why the heck do you guys consult your wives about such things?  Aren't there any real men in the world any more?
Omega brand 6/1
Fuking brand 6/1
Satyajeet brand 20/1
Mini Petter

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 09:57:09 PM »
I make my own decisions and do what I want,but that dose not mean all is right in the world when moma is not happy.lol

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 11:16:51 PM »
My wife has never told me not to buy anything i want, as a matter of fact she will normally encourage me to buy something if if talk about buying it.

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2013, 11:25:46 PM »
My wife usually is the same way but she says  she's sees no end to the number of these engines I want.

bandmiller2

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 12:04:00 AM »
If you got enough stuff around she won't notice just one more piece. Frank C.
Fast cheap and easy are seductive sirens,its a rare man that does not court their pleasures.

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 02:13:56 AM »
Keep the engines at the workplace, complain about her expenditure regularly, refer to her as Imelda Marcos with a handbag fetish and restrict intimate physical contact to 7 times a week....   It works fine for me !!!!

Puss E Whipped.

bandmiller2

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 12:17:29 PM »
Take a lesson from their book.They will buy an item put it in the closet, at a later date wear it,when you comment somthing new they say oh i've had it.Be fair all of us like goodies let her get something she wants,or take her on a little tripie poo. Frank C.
Fast cheap and easy are seductive sirens,its a rare man that does not court their pleasures.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 04:13:26 PM »
Why the heck do you guys consult your wives about such things?  Aren't there any real men in the world any more? - Copybell

Most of them are working overtime to pay their alimony.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 06:11:50 PM »
Haven't you guys learned the tricks yet ?

Paint everything you have GREEN !
Then when another engine shows up, just keep your mouth shut and park it in the corner with all the other GREEN stuff.
"They" don't know the different between an engine or a pressure washer or a generator, or a tractor part.
Try it !   ;D

Oooops !  my wife is coming.....have to log off !   (ducking and running for cover)    ;D

veggie
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 06:13:33 PM by veggie »
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

bandmiller2

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2013, 11:53:17 AM »
They just have to realize old iron is like mushrooms sprout and grow overnight.The secret is,as mentioned ,a stroon field of old iron, newbees are not recognized.Sort of under the radar. Frank C.