Alternative fuels > Straight Vegetable Oil

I finally am generating AC on SVO

<< < (2/4) > >>

solarguy:
Congratulations on the milestone!  Never look back.

And yeah, it doesn't matter one whit which flywheel you belt it to, cranking effort will be the same.

Finest regards,

troy

rgroves:
First, please let me add my congratulations on running the beast.

And second, a request -- will you please keep us posted about how you implement the waste heat co-gen setup?  The Taco pump has a good reputation in solar recirculation systems, so you already have one critical component ready to go.

All the best

Russell Groves

Andre Blanchard:

--- Quote from: solarguy on June 19, 2006, 05:19:16 PM ---Congratulations on the milestone!  Never look back.

And yeah, it doesn't matter one whit which flywheel you belt it to, cranking effort will be the same.

Finest regards,

troy

--- End quote ---

Cranking effort will be the same but one side puts the belt right under that dripping fuel tank. ;D

solarguy:

--- Quote from: Andre Blanchard on June 19, 2006, 07:29:31 PM ---
--- Quote from: solarguy on June 19, 2006, 05:19:16 PM ---Congratulations on the milestone!  Never look back.

Finest regards,

troy

--- End quote ---

Cranking effort will be the same but one side puts the belt right under that dripping fuel tank. ;D

--- End quote ---

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  That's the first thing I "fixed" on my FuKing as it all leaked like a sieve.  By fixed I mean threw away the tank, the filter and the line and installed remote poly tank with squeze primer.  Works slick.

Finest regards,

troy

Stevels:
How did you know I have a leaky petcock?  Is it that obvious ;)

Yeah, imagine how surprised I was to find fuel leaking and seeping from all orifices from such a fine, hand crafted machine.

I swear, if this thing ran any faster than 650 RPM, it would fly into a million pieces of Hunter Green shrapnel!

I will give the entire fuel assembly some loving, since I have decided to go 100% VO and NOT do a hybrid of diesel and VO, like I wisely did with my car.  With my car, it was actually much more intuitive and easy to run a proper hybrid system, but wit h the Listeroid, it is a pile of suck, I think I can work around it.

One of the things that attracted me to the Listeroids in the first place is its simple, mechanical design.  I hate to mess with it more than is needed so I do not disrespect the time proven simplicity.  Remember the KISS principle!  It seems that there are a number of confounding difficulties that make setting up the Listeroid as a hybrid, that is -- starting and stopping on diesel, very difficult.  While it is certainly doable, I frankly don’t feel it is worth it, and will design around this to make a fully 100% VO system. To do this properly, and not score myself some long term engine damage, I raided the junk yard and have some tricks up my sleeve! 

I read a great and comprehensive Web article published by a group of Cornel undergraduates who converted a Listeroid to Veg.  I was most impressed, but I found their design was way too complicated, employing electronically controlled heat exchangers to try to regulated their tapping into the exhaust heat.  I think I can use a much simpler, albeit crude design, but achieve the same goal, with less expense and sophisticated components.

I look forward to setting all the pieces up, painting them Hunter Green, and posting the finished product on the forum.

Question:  Does anyone have what they think is the best rubber mounting design to isolate Mr. Lister from shaking my city neighbors?  Also, I am about to work on an exhaust system, a la “RocketBoy”. 

Does anyone have any advice to give regarding what they may have learned while doing their own set up?  I need a super quiet system, as I am in the city. I have read about a bunch of designs, but would love for someone to give me some first have advice.

Thanks for all your feedback!!

Regards,

Stevels

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version