Author Topic: Diesel in sump?  (Read 19330 times)

sparks

• View Profile
Re: Diesel in sump?
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 09:41:16 PM »
Hi Casey

They already have the pump!
I gave it to them.
Plumbing it in is a DEFINITE engine out job, meaning booking a space next to the hoist, for however long it'll take.
The H&S brigade have stopped all Heath-Robinson lifting solutions in the marina and only the approved hoist, or the crane, both with costs attached, are now allowed do any heavy lifting. So far, the barge has been in use every time the hoist was available. That obviously won't be the case now, so maybe I can talk them in to booking the space and use of the hoist for half a day.
Better weather seems to be coming now, too, so the boats will be in use and the hoist may not be so busy.
I'll just give them a nudge...

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 11:19:47 PM »
I think I kind of got a bit too intense.  Rough week.  Best wishes on the project.

Ah, the good ole days when a fellow could sneak a tube down the oil level inspection hole and pull 95% of the nasty stuff out. 

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

cholah

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 07:34:29 AM »
Hi guys. I am having similar problems with my stationary ST2. At first I thought it was the lift pump so took this off and just using gravity. Oil level is still rising. Did you get this resolved? What parts do I need for a complete service that may resolve this issue. Thank you

needenginerunnin

• interested in state of the ARK technology.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 10:59:04 PM »
do you have a leak on your fuel feed at ip's or on spill return?

1949 6/1 electric smooth flywheels & ST 7.5, som base x3, cast indoor silencer X2.
1950's 6/1 som x2, spoked 6/1, LD1 som.
listerpetter LV2, PH1,LD1,SR1, PAZ1, AA1, LT1, AC1. 3.5hp yan clone.
politician's are like nappies, they need changing for the same reason.
take the pi$$ , full of sh#t.

GraderDude

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2015, 10:58:24 PM »
hello , did you find out how the diesel was getting into the oil yet, I have the same promblem with an sr1, thanks

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 11:14:24 PM »
This is a very common problem that Lister acknowledged from the beginning of this model  (SR air-cooled).

#1 - fuel leak-off line (Look at the fitting sealing face for any blemish or damage)
#2 - fuel injector line (look carefully at the flare sealing surfaces - both top and bottom)
#3 - fuel pump delivery valve seal (remove the top cap and look inside for a continuous seal - no cracks or blemishes)
#4 - fuel injector nozzle sticking open (will make very dirty exhaust)
#5 - fuel lift pump diaphragm cracked and allowing fuel into the bottom of the pump casting

dieselgman
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 12:02:07 AM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations