Author Topic: A total newby wanting help  (Read 2868 times)

guest23949

A total newby wanting help
« on: August 24, 2015, 06:56:20 PM »
Good day to you all,
I am a total newby at stationary engines and have bought what I believe to be a Lister D type, from a collector, who is more of a dealer than a helper who lives not far from me here in UK. How do I tell what type it is?
I have some questions, There is no spark from the magneto, even though I have cleaned all the contacts, will it be totally useless or is ther something simple like ??? I havnt thought of.
Secondly, I need some parts like an exhaust , silencer and mount, and a new water jacket tap, also the governor bit that fastens to the top of the block,
has anyone got any of these for sale.
Or advice.
I have seen that other auction site(don't know on here if you are allowed to name it, as I am on another forum where you are not allowed to mention it at all.)
Sorry to be a pain, but we all have to learn sometime.
Thanks in anticipation.

Combustor

• Combustor
    • View Profile
Re: A total newby wanting help
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 02:07:33 AM »
Hi to the Newby,
                       A great place to start in Britain would be  www.stationary-engine.net/forum/   as there are hundreds of owners of D series and others on there. A search on their site will yield lots of info and they are a friendly lot. Worth logging on there for a lot of good info. Hope this helps,
         Combustor.
Toys include- Lister CS 8/1, Lister VA SOM plant and some Aussie engines.
   "Old iron in the Outback" Kimberley, West Australia.

guest23949

Re: A total newby wanting help
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 05:18:07 PM »
Thanks for that Combustor, as I say, I am the most new newby you will ever see,