Puppeteer

Author Topic: Overhaul, Leaks, and Powdercoat  (Read 2680 times)

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
Overhaul, Leaks, and Powdercoat
« on: June 17, 2006, 11:51:26 AM »
Hi Guys,
Been rather quiet here.  I know I've been busy.  I got the 16-2 back together and fired it up last night.  Started 1st crank.  Sounds a lot smoother and quieter now.  I do hear the gear noise of the new idler but I'm going to let things run in and see if that quiets down. 

I did pistons and rings, both rod bearings, honed the cylinders (did not need boring), gaskets, etc.  I cleaned uo the fuel piping and allowed provisions for auxilary fuel feed e.g. wvo or wmo.

Bump clearance was right the 1st time.  I was glad that I did not have to pull the cylinders again.

My origional water outlets were internally rusted and one had a leak.  I have an Ottoman outlet pipe on it now but the dripping I noticed in it turns out to be a crack.  I need a set of Lister outlet elbows part number 18-2 c63.  Can anyone help?

Next will be to address any remaining mechanical issues then a paint job.  There is a business that does powdercoating here.  They did my frame and I sure wish I could do the engine.  Cure temp is 400F (204C).  I am hesitant to bake the engine at that high of a temperature.  Anyone try this?  Maybe clean out all fluids, and pull the injection pumps and lines?

Of course with complete disassembly I could do the individual parts.  But that is a lot of parts and a lot more work.

I'll probably end up spraying it.  I have had good luck with Sherwin Williams Tile-Clad paint.  It is a 2 part, hi-solids epoxy.  Either that or Rustoleum hunter green.

Bob

Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

kyradawg

Re: Overhaul, Leaks, and Powdercoat
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 04:47:03 PM »

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 04:22:46 AM by kyradawg »