Author Topic: Lister ST2 CW parts for scrap value to a good home  (Read 14160 times)

Arcturus

• View Profile
Lister ST2 CW parts for scrap value to a good home
« on: February 21, 2013, 12:06:35 PM »
This is a sad story, VA I believe(edit: ST2 CW, thanks dieselgman), had fully reconditioned cylinders and the rest, a debt wasn't paid to a mechanic, so this was the remains after the refurbished parts were removed by the mechanic, sold and the remainder given to the current owner. It is rusty but underneath it all should be some restorable parts. Scrap value. Pick up or other arrangements within New Zealand.

This info has been passed on by a non-enthusiast who has it in their garden currently. They figured it was too good to scrap and rightly so. Hope someone has use for it, contact me and I will put you through to them.

Location is  Paraparaumu about an hours drive north of Wellington

Happy hunting.

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:42:37 AM by Arcturus »

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Lister VA? Twin parts for scrap value to a good home
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 06:00:59 PM »
Appears to be ST2 CW model. Certainly should be saved, at least for spare parts. We could use the crank extension, but remainder should find a New Zealand home.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Schwen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2013, 07:05:34 PM »
Hi Arcturus, where abouts in NZ do these bits live? I've got an ST1 that shares many common parts with ST2s...
Cheers, Schwen

Arcturus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 07:41:02 AM »
Hi Schwen,

They are located in Paraparaumu, apparently about an hours drive north of Wellington. I'm in Auckland, very rarely end up in Wellington but if I do I will try to assist if parts are still available.
Let me know if you want the ph# of the owner and I will PM it.

dieselgman,
Thanks for identifying it, I'll update the title. See how Schwen goes, or I can try to work something out with the owner for you. Tools and removal will probably be the main issue for them.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 07:44:54 AM by Arcturus »

Schwen

• View Profile
Re: Lister ST2 CW parts for scrap value to a good home
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2013, 06:48:51 PM »
Thanks Arcturus, I'm Akld based too, and don't get down country much. I'll make some inquiries of associates who do travel south to see if something can be organised.

Schwen

Schwen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2013, 06:55:59 PM »
One other thing Arcturus, do you by chance know if anyone in or around Akld has second hand Lister spares? I'm after a replacement fuel filter assembly for my ST1 as someone has butchered the threads on mine, and despite my attempts to repair, it's still seeping diesel. Any leads appreciated.

Schwen

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2013, 07:10:16 PM »
Schwen

We are located in the USA, but shipment to OZ and NZ is very common for us. New filter assembly complete will run you $45.
gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman

Schwen

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 07:06:16 PM »
Thanks for that dieselgman, I'll look locally first, but if I exhaust my options, I'll let you know and take up your offer.

rgds, Schwen.

Arcturus

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »
One other thing Arcturus, do you by chance know if anyone in or around Akld has second hand Lister spares? I'm after a replacement fuel filter assembly for my ST1 as someone has butchered the threads on mine, and despite my attempts to repair, it's still seeping diesel. Any leads appreciated.

Schwen

Bugger to hear, dead threads are not fun! Bores are going to be underway this week, so I'll ask when I'm there for you. Oracle did have quite a few other Lister engines laying around.

Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 02:03:40 AM »
Is it really an ST2 ? I ask because I don't see the connections to the oil filter from the main gallery and the gallery looks different. I think it is an earlier model (but can't remember the letters. LD was it ?)
Owned; Lister ST1, ST2, JP4, LD1 & 2x Blackstone ERS8. Petter AA1, AC2 and still up for it !!!

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 08:54:16 PM »
Good point Blue! LD and SL had nearly the same appearance in housings. It is hard to tell exactly what model from the photos provided.

dieselgman

Blue

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2013, 12:46:21 AM »
I just noticed the oil lines to the rocker gear have have olives and gland nuts too. I remember I had an LD years ago and it had that system rather than the rubber tees. Not an ST but couldn't say for sure if it was an LD; can't remember enough about them. I guess unless the cover has the engine plate on it we may never know !
Owned; Lister ST1, ST2, JP4, LD1 & 2x Blackstone ERS8. Petter AA1, AC2 and still up for it !!!