Author Topic: need a supercharger for you lister?  (Read 7504 times)

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
need a supercharger for you lister?
« on: July 15, 2006, 06:04:31 AM »
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/tls/182207520.html

ok,,, ok,,, but it does look like a nice match, with the flat belt drive and all.

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

kyradawg

Re: need a supercharger for you lister?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 06:13:03 AM »

Peace&Love :D, Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:59:34 AM by kyradawg »

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 01:51:54 PM »
i guess a brg upgrade is in order

lol
bob g

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 02:39:45 PM »
Supercharger

super + charge

centrifugal blowers simply don't make the kinds of pressures required at low RPM, you'd need 40k RPM (hint, turbo speed) out of that thing, for low speed you need either a vane pump or a rootes type, although you might be able to cobble something out of an old wankel.

people like hotater at high altitudes could do with a little help for starting compression mebbe, but ship type electrical blower would do that, just run it for a few seconds at start up
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

kyradawg

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 02:52:59 PM »

Peace&Love, :D Darren
« Last Edit: August 03, 2006, 02:59:01 AM by kyradawg »

bitsnpieces1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 02:35:12 AM »
  Speaking of superchargers - maybe someone can help me track down some info.  About 10 years ago I bought some old hand carried mosquito foggers at a city surplus property auction aaand just recently got to looking at them.  It is powered by a 2 stroke engine which runs a Rootes type blower.  The blower has about a 1 1/4" inlet and outlet and is mounted to a frame with three bolts.  So far I haven't found any ID other than the VolksWagen logo pressed into the seals for the end bearings.  I'm trying to get the frozen drive pulley off to pull it out of the frame it's mounted in, maybe then I'l  find more.  It appears that it might be a commercial unit for some type of engine or maybe for !!whatever!! application.  The unit it's on is tagged with  "Micro-Gen Equipment Corporation"  Model No. 2AA   Serial No. 1602
  Anybody got any ideas??     Les

Lister Petter AC1, Listeroid 12/1, Briggs & Stratton ZZ, various US Mil. surplus engines. Crosley (American) 4cyl marine engine(26hp).

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2006, 04:19:02 AM »
actually before this thread gets clear out of hand, it was in gest i posted in the first place.

the little blower with its flatbelt drive reminded me of a lister, mainly because of the drive and the age of the unit.

i would never consider attaching it to a lister, except to take a picture for the fun of it.

you have to admit tho, that it would make a cool poster, installed, running with a leather flat belt, and painted to match.

gotcha

bob g

Doug

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2006, 04:34:11 AM »
Bob I have a little turbo off a 420 Kubota loader, and you have no idea how often I think about bolting it to a Lister or Petter.....

Crazy, your in good company

Doug

Julian

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2006, 08:46:47 AM »
  Speaking of superchargers - maybe someone can help me track down some info.  About 10 years ago I bought some old hand carried mosquito foggers at a city surplus property auction aaand just recently got to looking at them.  It is powered by a 2 stroke engine which runs a Rootes type blower.  The blower has about a 1 1/4" inlet and outlet and is mounted to a frame with three bolts.  So far I haven't found any ID other than the VolksWagen logo pressed into the seals for the end bearings.  I'm trying to get the frozen drive pulley off to pull it out of the frame it's mounted in, maybe then I'l  find more.  It appears that it might be a commercial unit for some type of engine or maybe for !!whatever!! application.  The unit it's on is tagged with  "Micro-Gen Equipment Corporation"  Model No. 2AA   Serial No. 1602
  Anybody got any ideas??     Les

Yes, it sounds like the supercharger fitted to some VW Golfs and Polos, (maybe Rabbits in the US?) If you type G-Lader, supercharger and maybe G60 into Google, you get more info that you can shake a stick at!

Julian.

bitsnpieces1

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2006, 01:03:19 PM »
 Julian   Thanks for the info.  I'll  check it out.     Les
Lister Petter AC1, Listeroid 12/1, Briggs & Stratton ZZ, various US Mil. surplus engines. Crosley (American) 4cyl marine engine(26hp).

fattywagonman

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 04:43:32 PM »
 a smog pump makes about 3-6 psi.... one would work well on smaller engines...

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2006, 10:04:11 PM »
yes they will produce boost, quite nicely
they will also make a cheap and effective air motor, about 3 hp at 3000 rpm, takes alot of air tho
many years ago i had a friend who's dad, added a smog pump to a briggs powered gocart, went like hell!

bob g