Puppeteer

Author Topic: fieldmarshal search  (Read 9246 times)

Blueflame

• View Profile
fieldmarshal search
« on: November 22, 2012, 05:05:32 AM »
I was looking into the current state of this brand as I have the 12-2 and found this. I found it amusing but hope mine don't "blast in to many pieces" like this. I have only replaced some parts to get it running but it seems to be a good one. The 6-1 powersolutions generator I built for my remote camp has proven to be a great choice. It powers the refrigerator and pumps as well as provides domestic hot water and heats the cabin on 4 gallons a day running nonstop while I'm there. The sound it makes is so cool. I remember a friend brought a buddy over on snowmobiles and when he saw my camp and took off his helmet and heard that listeroid he had a curious look on his face then busted out laughing. I'm pretty sure no other generator would have caused that reaction.

http://complaintwire.org/complaint/BIsBAAAAAAA/field-marshal-brand-of-diesel-engine-set 

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
Re: fieldmarshal search
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 03:00:19 PM »

As far as I know.... the "Field Marshall" brand is a basic Listeroid the same as most others.

You should be able to get all the parts you need here...
http://www.generatorsales.com/order/lister-parts.asp

Example:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tsnuRRx0n8

good luck,
veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:24:03 PM »
What is your location Flame? We have very good parts and engine stocks located in the US Midwest.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 08:30:13 PM »
I thought some might enjoy reading this without following the link

-------------------------------------------------------------------+Complaint
sushil varma
24 Feb 2008
Dear Sir,
we had purchased a diesel engine of  well known brand FIELD MARSHAL Assuming that it is aproduct of GUJRAT FORGING Ltd on
05-06-07.
one day while in working condition ie on
30-11-07 we heard a blast sound from engine room ,when we observed that there was a blast from our Branded Enfine which whose central body was totally damaged because of blast in to many pieces .we were lucky that nobody was there at the time of blast.
we had told to dealer about such incident that why it was a blast he told me that it normal we are getting 3 to 4 complaint each month of such type, you bring that piece inour agency we will replce it .
Than i told him that this blast may be because of off alignment of piston and bore which are present in this region,as due to off fitting while in working condition due to friction may be excess heat generated and this resulted in to blast .so you please replace the new engine set.
but dealer had not told any reason and none of the company rep. had told me the exect reason of blast .
the dealer had replce the BROCKEN PART WITH THE LOCAL CVOMPANY MADE PART INSTEAD OF FITTING THE ORIGINAL PART. when we ask the reason he told that he is getting these part from company for replacement .pl note that we as set was under gurantee period he must have replaced my whole set with new one but he replce it with local made part for which we had spend around 1000 Rs towards to and fro from our home to agency + 2 helpers
when we told such matters to website of GUJRAT FORGING who is authorise user of FIELDMARSHAL brand they told me that they are Mnf only single wheel engine and this is not there product .when next day again i ask him that when you are authorise user of FIELDMARSHAL brand how other company will use your logo if it is true than other company is your sister concern company and for which you are sole responsible to solve my complaint .
after lot of arguement he had given me a tel no of the owner of P .M . DIESEL ENGINE that double wheel engine is Mnf by this company and I SHOULD CONTACT TO OWNER
Mr JITENDRA WHOSE
MOBILE NO  09336101115   and   9853160689
Here when i contact him i dont know how he was knowing my complaint  .i told him to replace my engine set with new one of same type because this blast was happened due to some faulty assemblly of central portion and from very first day we were observing some abnormal noice from the body of engine.this means the set given to us was having Mnf defects from date  of purchase and resultant there was a blast and in such serious matter your dealer had replaced the same piece with local part which may result into major accident for which you and your company will be whole responsible.
we request him to send your service engineer to know exect reason of blast so that you can change in your mnf process accordingly.
But gitendra told us that if i want ORIGINAL Piece of central part than again we have to go to his show room after having appointment with dealer so that he will bring original part for my set only.
i told him that i dont belive in your dealer you send your mechanic to let me know the reason of blast in my set if i will satisfy with your reason it is alright otherwise i dont want this faulty set to be repaired without knowing exect reason of blast .i want a new set to be exchanged as my present set is having Mnf Defect.
at last he told me to bring set to his work shop which was far away from our home .
but i demanded why you are not sending your mechanic instead of calling us to your showroom which is economically not fare ?who will give me my expenses for coming to your show room .he had not replied any thing
he cut my phone call saying that if i want to replace the original part than once again i havr to go to hios workshop spending once again my expenses and manpower for his dealers mistake that he had not replce original part.

Sir please tell me what should i do to exchange this defected piece of engine
because both companies are not taking care of their customers .
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

cgwymp

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 09:19:58 PM »
Hopefully Mr Jitendra will please do the needful.
Listeroid 8/1

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 09:41:38 PM »
Warranty in India? That does not seem to fit the common business model in place. My own experience with a half a dozen companies there boils down to a lot of grand talking (promises) and very little in the way of support and performance. We have concluded that the cultural barrier is responsible for a part of it, the rest seems to be human nature to hide from problems.

I personally consider it a triumph to be able to get correct product shipped within 6 months of a promised delivery date and within 25% of expected or pre-planned costs. The bar is very low.

Currently struggling with Anand... are you listening Mr. Patel?

dieselgman
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 09:44:28 PM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

Blueflame

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2012, 05:20:24 AM »
Thanks for replies! I seem to remember this brand to have 2 additional smaller studs and nuts on each head when I compared it to the powersolutions one. I am in northern lower Michigan and don't need parts yet. I got this and a 10kw st head for $1000 about 5 years ago and I found it on this website. It was used to power a house and the seller said he burned 17 gallons of wvo per day for 6 months and the house burned down and I got it as is. I found one cylinder severely carboned up and after cleaning it and a crank handle to start it from Eric Lyons I could not get it to run. I got 2 new fuel pumps and injectors from Mr Norvold and this got it running and I haven't had time to work on the generator project but want to make progress this winter.

The engine and St head took a lot of external cleaning and the engine seems well balanced but the St head is badly gunked up with the wvo grease. I assume there was a open container of the wvo and it was heated somehow and the vapors drawn in the alternator head by the fan condensed there and its a sticky grease that I cant seem to dissolve with any product. The copper wires are completely saturated by this sticky mess. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to clean it out? I was thinking only a steam cleaner or hot water will do it but I don't want to ruin the insulation on the wires. I am eager to assemble this all into a skid mounted generator set and appreciate any advice.

veggie

• Keep Calm and Start the Lister !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 02:51:06 AM »

I have had good success removing oxidized WVO using Turpentine.

veggie
- 6/1 GM90 Listeroid - Delco 33si Alternator
- Changfa R175 - Lease/Neville Alternator
- JiangDong R165 Air cooled - 2 kw
- Changfa S195 (Waiting for a project)

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 05:18:06 PM »
Marvel Mystery oil dissolves it well for me.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

Bottleveg

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2012, 09:52:08 PM »
The best thing I’ve found for removing wvo is the by-product from bio diesel manufacture. It comes in liquid and semi solid forms, depending on what catalyst has been used. The semi solid can be liquefied with the addition of water.
I use Liquid on items that can be submerged and semi solid on large items, just paint it on thickly, leave for 24 hours and wash off with water. Makes very good hand cleaner too.

richardhula

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2012, 11:25:55 PM »
This is a Field Marshall

and this is how you start it

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVe_nFQVyYg[/youtube]

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 02:35:00 AM »
I find many pieces-parts need the be replace, I have no blast-explosion, only not to standard parts, some part destroy complete. I contact seller of engine set, I contact engine set seller in Kansas, Chase USof A he say he send part not mechanic, he send parts all parts alingment is assured engine runs as promisad, we very enjoyment. BTW I call 2nd cell numnber for Mr Jittendra Whose, he say he not send factory menhanic either, very very busy call back next week.
BioDiesel Brewer

magnicon

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2012, 07:33:02 AM »

This is a Field Marshall

and this is how you start it

[/quote]
Lazy bugger,whats wrong with swinging it? .