Author Topic: Any one have cad or dimensioned drawings for the lister?  (Read 14833 times)

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: Any one have cad or dimensioned drawings for the lister?
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2012, 05:37:08 PM »
Possible, yes, practical ??? What are you trying to accomplish?
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 12:25:22 AM »
would it be possible to make a crankcase for a lister by cutting and welding?

Absolutely. In fact, it would not be all that difficult. Using a computerized plasma cutter, or water jet, plate steel of different thicknesses could be assembled into a "modern" listeroid crankcase. But, as the poster above mentioned, why?

The cast iron crankcase is more than sufficient.
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

bergfire

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »
I think having the crankcases digitized for 3d printing or cad files would be a good thing, it allows people to make the spare parts needed to build an engine or improve on the design.  Its not like we have many extra of these sitting around in the US.

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 05:30:14 AM »
The thread on scale engines along with my love of working models has me very interested in building a 1/3 or 1/4 scale working lister model . Does any one have or know of prints , dimensioned drawings or 3d drawings of the lister cs?  I have a very complete machine shop , pattern making experience and access to a foundry so casting and machining the parts (up to 400lbs) is not an issue.

I have built a number of working engines from casting kits and I dont see anything terribly complicated other than possibly the fuels system . Any help greatly appreciated

Here's one that shows that it IS possible to make a compression ignition engine (kerosene) at small scale.  21:1 compression ratio was required. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvSAnpn_YHw 
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 03:04:41 AM »
I know a guy who does lost wax casting for small parts, it's a lot of work, to make a mould you would have to have a block to cut in half.
I just happen to have an 8/1 block that would be a good candidate for that, but for something that big you are talking a LOT of work and a large learning curve unless you could find a foundry that does small lots.
Then you have to find a competent machine shop to do all the machining, I'm thinking you could buy half a dozen blocks from India for what you would pay for one done here.
BioDiesel Brewer

TPXX

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 05:07:37 PM »
Anyone seen this? [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXzqGHn0CDY[/youtube]