Alternative fuels > Waste Vegetable Oil

diesel truck on WVO

<< < (3/4) > >>

Combustor:
Hello Mikern,
                    The simple answer is to go to the Biodiesel link that Thob posted above, and do LOTS of reading. Look at the SVO threads and the specific vehicle headings. Yours is probably there. A successful heated system is no 5 minute job, so read all you can, do some Google searches and ask lots of questions, and with patience you can succeed. A very good oil settling and filtering system is essential. Only start the project if you have spare time and patience. With a lot of homework you will get there . Good luck,  Combustor.

LowGear:
Hey mikern,

I get away with what I do because I'm in the tropics.  Where are you makes A big difference in how much help your engine / pump / injectors need to process the VO.  So where are you?  How do the temperatures run where you want to run?

Casey

mikern:
Hi Casey, I'm in , gets WAY cold here. Mike

mikern:
Iowa

LowGear:
When it gets down to 67 degrees (personal record for me here in South Kona) I feel justified putting on socks first thing in the morning.  Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But it should be warm enough for blending during those months without a "R" in them and maybe until the end of September.

Casey

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version