Author Topic: 14/1 new project need help.  (Read 9744 times)

selmawp

• When I was young and full off??????????
    • View Profile
Re: 14/1 new project need help.
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2012, 05:20:25 AM »
Hi, thanks every body for the input, I guess I was gunshy do to the fact of reading all the blogs about flywheels, I will definitely try the shim method, at this point it be a while before I can do any thing, need to finish strip down engine block and have it hot tanked and then start looking for sand, one minor up date received my costume gib keys so soon I have the crank back in I can go to work on the flywheels. Thanks again for all the help and will post up date when block is done. Tony.

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2012, 05:29:23 AM »
taper lock is standard in the premium more modern open flywheel designs - i.e. Arrow etc..

I believe the real question about the Listeroid flywheel hub would be the potential for weakening it by removal of any extra casting around that hub.

This is what we would like to see:

This is a 40" flywheel on an Arrow C96 with standard taper lock bushing.

dieselgman

If you can source some reasonably priced flywheels from India with a beefy enough hub to take a taperlock bushing, I think you could sell them.  Sure, they'd be heavy, but they'd pack tight, wouldn't take up much room, and Rajkot has something like 500 foundries. 

Most of us are using our 'roids for generating, and you really need to have SOM-sized flywheels for that. 

Quinn
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 03:31:07 AM »
We can look into it... don't hold your breath though! It may take a long road to even finding anyone willing to modify the mold.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations