Puppeteer

Author Topic: Update on SRM3 not starting  (Read 2141 times)

nickcirrus

• View Profile
Update on SRM3 not starting
« on: July 31, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »
Hi all, a result at last. Sent "mr realdiesels" photos of pistons all covered in sludge and a photo of a ring inside a cylinder with a 90 thou gap! He initially said they were not the pistons he sold me! That was cheeky! Packed em up in the post and had a reply that acknowledged that he had got the wrong spec on the pistons and cylinders!

He said that he would re supply me with new stuff.  However he went on to  suggest that I was incompetent and inferred that I did not really know what I was doing and that my engine was on its last legs. Hmmm. I replied that I may not be a professional engineer but I do know what I am doing and the only difference between myself and a time served engineer is that they would have checked the ring gaps before assembly, or in his, case before sending them to me!!!!

I replied that if I was a nasty person I would take him to court for wasting my time and ruining my engine, since it is in a worse state than before and I now have to clean it out thoroughly, and start again. I also added that in the interests of going some way to alleviating the fact that I have not been able to use my boat for nearly 8 months he might consider coming down and doing it for me!
Sadly his reply was disappointing but as a gesture goodwill he will supply me with a free set of gaskets! Worth 70 quid!

Guess that is a result of sorts. Not sure I will go shopping there again!