Author Topic: Guess who?  (Read 31307 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Re: Guess who?
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2012, 11:54:43 AM »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2012, 03:23:07 PM »
anyone know how to get a copy of this video from youtube?

i want a copy before he pulls it down! but i don't know how to capture it.

thanks
bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »
Bob, I am not sure but would like a copy too
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 04:11:15 PM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 04:34:56 PM »
http://www.youtubedownloaderhd.com/

I downloaded a copy a while ago, it works great.

Their YouTube to MP3 converter is a handy gadget as well, e.g. if you want to use a YT clip as a ringtone...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2012, 06:38:51 PM »
very entertaining he is, he is

a legend in his own mind?

hey willem, i know of no one that would waste the time to report you to the epa, other than possibly a dissatisfied customer of yours maybe?

the only issue any of us have ever had is your insane claims to everything from being the father of the modern listeroid, all the way to claiming a 100k hour engine.

never do you qualify your claims,

lister never claimed 100k hours on their engine's, the expectation was 20-30k hours with good maintenance with minor overhauls along the way.

as for the EPA visiting you, well that probably was brought on by no one but yourself and your incessant advertizing of your non epa compliant engine's and the import of parts to be built into non compliant engine's... it was only a matter of time before they came to visit.

no one here that i know of is promoting skirting the epa's regulations, no one i know of is importing engine's or parts of engine's to be built into non compliant engine's, however i do know of a few that are working within the confines of the epa's guidelines in an effort to find a compliant solution.

that solution will never include an indian diesel engine' in my opinion.

if the epa approves an indian listeroid engine, even if built by you, they will approve anything! and we all know this is not the case.

you sir are not being responsible, if you want to provide a prime mover to the offgrid community, you might be better served to start with an engine that is about 50 years more advanced to work with.  oem's spend millions of dollars working to make their current engine's compliant with epa regulations, and it is done in a step by step generation after generation effort. none of them would even consider dragging out one of their 1930's era engines and putting even a hundred dollars of thought into making one of them compliant.

you list all your tooling, thats nice, however i see no emission testing equipment?
why is that?  how do you know that anything you do is helping emissions if you can't measure before and after effects?

cnc and all your R-8 tooling is one thing, but the reason the engine's are non compliant have nothing to do with precision of the parts that go into the engine's!

done with you sir, i have already wasted more time than i needed to, time that i will never get back.

btw,  don't worry about me and the epa, i am registered with them and have been for a couple years now.  they know how to get ahold of me, having my phone number and address. they are welcome to visit me anytime, and yes i too find them to be nice folks just trying to do their job.  perhaps the reason why i don't get a lot of grief from them is based on the fact that i import no engine's, no parts (apart from a couple head gskts a while back) i assemble no engine's,,, and am working on truly cleaning up the engine i am working with.  oh yes, i don't promote the use of non compliant engine's for power production purposes. 

so in closing good luck to you

bob g

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2012, 07:30:12 PM »
Got both videos. Man listen to that mans maniacal laugh while he blames all his problems on us.  ::) IIRC the picture in question he claimed or implied was his engine. I wonder if the domain weapssucks.com is available. It would make a good site to post his videos and let people see for themselves.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2012, 08:21:55 PM »
we got to give old willem credit where it is clearly due

he is a master at self promotion on one hand and also very self destructive on the other hand.

he does nice web site's, and is pretty good at making youtube clips

where he falls flat is doing his own narrations, something akin to an atty representing himself as having a fool for a client.

he also uses some really good marketing strategies that attract those that have more money than sense or time to do their own research.

he runs about waving the cnc flag, which impresses those that don't understand what cnc really is.  please allow me to explain to those that might be less informed than others...

there is nothing in a listeroid that requires the use of a cnc machine, there is nothing in  listeroid that a manual machine operated by a competent machinist  can't do as well as a cnc operator on a cnc machine, save for one thing...

that being mass production of parts in less time,  which for the purposes of building one off parts for an engine or two really turns out to take more time than the same process on a manual machine with a qualified machinist, and/or

the ability to use an off the street kid to stand there and change out parts as the cnc machine wants them changed. this of course is good if you are making hundreds of parts.

cnc also means anything from a laptop connected to a taig mini mill costing a few hundred dollars all the way up to those which are used by folks like Boeing, GM, and others and costing millions of dollars and that are operated by robots. 

i will leave it to the reader as to which end of the spectrum willem's cnc capabilities fall.

then there is the use of pricing, and customer perception.  an uninformed guy might conclude that because an engine that costs 10k dollars from a company, is superior to one costing a quarter as much from a diy'ers garage.  this of course generally is the case "if" the company is a legitimate one with a history of quality production that clearly would indicate that you would actually get the added quality the additional price would indicate, however

there are many examples of home shop products being far superior to company built products and at a lower cost..

there is an old adage, "price has nothing to do with cost"  this is very important and everyone should carve this into their brains deeply!   

cost is easy to understand, it is the total of all parts, labor, shipping, etc that makes up the product,

price is what the market will bear, and has no relation to cost!

as a businessman it is my job to determine what price the market will bear
for a particular product, and then also my job to drive the cost of the product
down through the floor if possible... the difference between the two is my profit...
so the attraction is to sell carbon at diamond prices if possible. the trick is to be
able to do so and stay in business keeping enough happy customers to get repeat business.  the carbon @ diamond prices was an extreme example, used for illustrative purposes only, and i am not suggesting willem is guilty of sinking that low.

so in theory, one with a slick webpage, a good presentation, pretty paint, etc conceivably could simply import a sand filled engine, assemble by the cheapest supplier in india, of the cheapest rejected parts, receive it and clean it up, paint it nicely, add some chrome bits, pack the valve cover with some sort of grease and then market it for 10k dollars.... that would be the price!  now the cost might well be under a thousand dollars! so... what about warrantee issues?

if you charge a high enough price and keep your costs low enough, you can simply afford to replace the engine should something happen to it.  you can also be creative with small print and void the warrantee if the owner removes the crankcase cover, and also make him pay shipping to and fro... all sorts of things can be done in the fine print.

folks will miss a lot of fine print if the ad copy is slick enough, the claims bold enough, and the presentation personable.

again i am not suggesting that willem has sunk to that low a level, i will take him at his word that he has installed a few better parts, valve seats and rotators (which in my opinion are unnecessary) and a few other things of arguable necessity. all of which increase his costs, however again there is no relationship between cost and price of the finished product.

i could go on and on when it comes to the business side of things, i have lectured on the business angle for years on other forums relating to business.

so like i stated, i gotta give willem credit for his ability to self promote.

then there is "product differentiation" and "barriers to entry"
while he has tried to establish the former, the epa has the upper hand the the latter.

bottom line is this, anyone thinking of buying anything ought to develop some critical thinking skills if they don't already have them.  remember just because something looks good and priced more does not necessarily mean it is superior quality to something that may not be presented as well or is priced much lower.

bob g

Horsepoor

• West Palm Beach, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2012, 10:30:35 AM »
Guards, guards, he got away, again, and now he's accessed a computer and started posting (I.e. Black Ops). Get the net and go get him before he causes more trouble.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6rNz_dW8sM

Delusional

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. Unlike hallucinations, delusions are always pathological (the result of an illness or illness process). A rigid system of beliefs to which a person is preoccupied with and to which the person firmly holds, despite the logical absurdity of the beliefs and a lack of supporting evidence. A form of mental derangement.

Delusions are symptomatic of mental disorders such as paranoia, schizophrenia, and major depression and of such physiological conditions as senile psychosis and delirium.
•   These mental disorders vary in intensity, extent, and coherence and may represent pathological exaggeration of normal tendencies to rationalization, wishful thinking, and the like. (Sound familiar).
•   Among the most common are delusions are those of persecution and grandeur; others include delusions of bodily functioning, guilt, love, and attempting to exert control over others (I.e. LEF members).

Does this definition sound like anyone you know?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:52:56 AM by Horsepoor »
GTC 20/2 down rated to 850 rpm - ST 15
Metro 6/1 800 rpm on cart - ST 7.5

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2012, 03:45:36 PM »
its really kinda sad just how "out to lunch" some folks can be.

and its amazing just how powerful this forum can be, at least in the mind of a certain
individual who's initials start with "WILLEM"

seriously however i think he could do quite well just making short video clips and charging admission, maybe a quarter a viewing and he would likely be a millionaire over night...everyone likes watching a train wreck.

it pretty obvious there is some problem that manifests itself as him thinking he is obviously smarter than all the rest of us.

btw. Willem, i know you are reading this...

when you have to resort to name calling (referring to us a Nazi's), you have lost the argument or debate before you even got started. even the most uninformed individual will stop listening to you once you resort to name calling. 

surely you have more intellect than that?  surely you can support your claims with solid evidence?  surely you have much to teach the masses of folks interested in listeroids?

so here is an open invitation to come join our forum, the guys here will play nice, however do expect some hard questions.

bold assertions require bold proof,  you of all people should know that?

so come on you big lug, we all love ya here!  come on into our sandbox (aka listeroid crankcase) it will be fun.

that is unless you aren't up to the task?  or don't know as much as you claim to know?  come show us the err of our ways!

you could be our emissary to the EPA!  ya that't it!  seeing how you have such a good
relationship with them now.

besides we could use a north american supplier of quality lister engine's, especially listeroids that are epa compliant.  you do sell epa compliant engine's don't you? sure you do, after all the epa has been to visit you right?

so quit whining and come join up!

bob g

Horsepoor

• West Palm Beach, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2012, 11:27:48 PM »
Nice olive branch, Bob.

I and many others liked his technical listeroid videos, The technical videos certainally generated a lot of discussion, and his videos were, overall, interesting. These videos also did a lot to advance the listeroid clone concept and attact new / prospective owners. Let's see if he has the balls to join the group. 
GTC 20/2 down rated to 850 rpm - ST 15
Metro 6/1 800 rpm on cart - ST 7.5

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2012, 11:36:34 PM »
But the invitation is for one and only one account. IIRC he was caught conversing and praising himself on multiple accounts here once upon a time.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2012, 12:08:57 AM »
Tom

that seems fair and only right

so far we haven't had much in the way of anyone coming to his defense
so if he comes around and joins up, then we also get others coming along
singing his praises,, well?  probably a red flag!

i for one am willing to give him another chance, however i will not tolerate anyone
being called a Nazi!  i won't accept that name attached to me, and i won't allow its attachment to anyone here, no matter if i like the member or not.

having a pretty solid background in diesel technology, i welcome a vigorous debate
on his methods of getting a listeroid to be long lived, and cleaner (if not epa compliant).

hopefully he will  step up,  sign up, and school us in all things listeroid.

would be interesting

bob g

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »
Praise based on solid and verifiable facts would be more than welcome in my book! We would all benefit!

The rest has no place here, and is just a waste of our time and effort.

Dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2012, 04:04:15 AM »
Most of those videos look like the ones he had up the last time before he went underground...  But this one is new:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQDV11VKQUs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Looks nice, but he said the flywheels are 25" and it runs at 1000RPM?  I thought the higher RPM singles used the smaller stover type wheels?  Big wheels, high RPM and all those holes in indian cast iron?   I like the marathon head, but IMO 30KW on a 12 HP engine(?) is not going to be as efficient a setup as could be had... 
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2012, 04:42:25 AM »
Marathon is made in China these days... unless he has an old refurbished or used unit that piece of information about made in America is inaccurate. How is he expecting to use even 25% of that 30kW capacity in that setup? Pretty paintjob though! Too bad a paintjob does not an engine make.

World's most advanced Listeroid? 100,000 hour? I have seen nothing whatever to support that kind of wild claim. Show us some realistic detail to support this and we will be glad to hear it Willem! Otherwise, just a sales pitch and quite a bit over the edge at that!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations