Puppeteer

Author Topic: Request advice  (Read 11434 times)

millman56

• View Profile
Re: Request advice
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2012, 11:49:24 PM »
Paul,   what would the "Listertex anti vibration mountings"  as per the note on the arrangement drawing, be made from?   :D
Mark.

camillitech

• View Profile
    • life at the end of the road
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 06:31:45 AM »
Morning Mark,

that will be Lister's own 'rubberized concrete'  ;D

Here's one on my skid mounted HR2 but believe me, were it not for the dry sump arrangement with hi capacity oil tank underneath it would be getting bolted solidly to Scotland  ;)

As per my SR2

and SR1, dunno why Photobucket turned that  ???

or that.

They do have there place but it is in ships, portable installations and upstairs floors in banks and shopping malls at the expense of reliability. My HR2 as already broken a starter solenoid wire at 3000h and will probably break the exhaust flexible coupling at some point. The SR2 has sat there since 1969 without a single cracked exhaust or broken wire. The ST2 that sat on the SR2 mounts did the same for fifteen years as my main power source, running 6 to 8n hours daily.

I know, I have a real 'bee in my bonnet' about this and my engineering background would have always gone for rubber mounts until meeting, and getting to know Mr Lister of Scotland himself. A man that really is a 'legend in his own lifetime' in these parts.

Sorry to keep 'banging on about it',  ::) Paul 

http://lifeattheendoftheroad.wordpress.com/

HR2 Lister 12Kw
ST2 Lister 7Kw
SR2 Lister 6Kw
SR1 Lister 3Kw

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 07:53:41 AM »
Morning Paul,   

No need to be sorry about whats right for you,  using generators for your only source of power means you quickly find out whats best for yourself regarding reliability/expediency ( I have run a small processing plant and repair workshop off grid since 1986 ) , bolting down to concrete allows rigid pipe work to be used but at the expense of instalation costs and convenience, isolating mounts unless all items are attached to the set ( which on a single cyl Lister brings more problems ) neccesitate flexible connections which as you say are prone to breakage,  having said that, once every 2000 hours is tolerable to me.

Mark.