Author Topic: denton engine show  (Read 2922 times)

sid

• View Profile
denton engine show
« on: July 04, 2012, 02:34:35 AM »
just got back from the denton n.c engine show. had to cut it short because of the passing of an uncle...but was still able to stay 4 days..after 2 days I had a visitor show up..turned out to be mike Montice from n.c// he was one of the first to import the lister clone and i had purchase 4 diesels from him//he was haveing trouble getting in to the show,,, no place to set up/it was full/ we had plenty of room so he was able to use our space, over the next 2 day he was able to sell a few items/ he stopped importing engines a few years back, the regulations were too much trouble..Mike has been recovering from a mild stroke and is making a lot of progress.I wish he stilll was importing engine.. his was were always the best.. I still have one that I got in 1999 and it is a very nice well behaved engine///but the good part was i was able gain a lot of information of the problems of importing engines,overall. a very good time was had by all.sid
15 hp fairbanks morris1932/1923 meadows mill
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
1932 c.s bell hammer mill
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

jimmer

• View Profile
Re: denton engine show
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 05:02:13 PM »
I bought a GM-90 from Mike some years back.

Great guy to deal with.

jimmer

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
Re: denton engine show
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2012, 12:34:22 AM »
Mike helped me out with some bearings several years ago.  By best wishes for his full and speedy recovery.

Bob
Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three