Author Topic: injector cleaning problem on 6/1 listroid  (Read 11253 times)

getterdone

• View Profile
injector cleaning problem on 6/1 listroid
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:26:00 PM »
my injector started getting sticky because i burn veggy oil.  every 4months i have taken it off and clean , i take it apart clean all the pieces put it back togeather and install it back in place.
this time i cant get it to govern right. it will run away.
can any one tell me which way should the plunger rod should be in relation with the fuel inlet hole.
i've tried it both ways with no luck.
one way makes the rack work backwards.
i took it apart and changed it i know 5 times and i'm stumped.
i ordered a new one and will have it in a few days but it makes no sence to me why it won't work
one thing i did different was to pull the plunger [the adj shaft with the roller on it] that you adjust the timing with. and clean it off.
another thing that was different , the check valve seat came out .  that being said there is threads on the seat side of this. machined surface on the other end with a seal in between.
i know the two machined surfaces go togeather and the check valve with its seat on top of that then spring and lastly the fitting. am i right?
hope this makes sense.
what could be the problem? could the rack moved a tooth or something? i have never taken the rack apart, i dont know how you would get it apart.
i've got Georges cd but it dont show how to dissamble and reacemble the thing.
thanks for any help i can get. john

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: injector cleaning problem on 6/1 listroid
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 01:09:19 AM »
John, I have some breakdown pictures of those pumps... will post when I can later.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

getterdone

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 03:35:58 AM »
that would be of great help   thanks!   i'll try to show some pictures if i can figure it out.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 01:58:40 PM by getterdone »

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 05:14:59 AM »
Here is the breakdown for Bryce... some variations on the FAOAB model...

dieselgman

getterdone

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 12:11:48 AM »
well, i put the enjecter pump back togeather yesterday and installed it on the6/1 started it up ................had to shut it down, because it went into a runaway state.
i am dum founded of what the problem is.
i just figured i'd wait for the new pump and see what happens with that one.
before i install it i'll look into the fuel enlet hole and see how the plunger rod is positioned.
that will tell me if i assembled the old one right.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2012, 02:26:10 AM »
50/50 chance at getting it right. Try swapping it around???

When you say it went into runaway state... was the fuel rack closing? or stuck open?

dieselgman

getterdone

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 03:10:01 AM »
one thing I'd like to ask [the screw in the back, does it go into a chamfered hole., or does it screw into a milled Waldorf type hole ,as this is the way i have it.?
to answer your question, the fuel rack is closing. its like the fuel is not bypassing back to the fuel inlet. and it keeps pumping fuel.

a question I'm thinking i need a back up so i can service one while running off the other. can a compressor with kit be had in the us? 6/1 of coarse.
you may e mail me if you can think of a way.
sorry if i seem pushey i dont mean to be. i am sort of despret to get this problem solved. i feel stupid not being able to figure it out. guess i'm not seeing the forest because of all the trees.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 03:53:56 AM »
The "milled waldorf" slot is where the retainer screw goes - anywhere else is likely to cause a misalignment and stuck plunger. The barrel is actually clamped in place with the delivery valve and its cap - thus making a good seal between them. You can get the plunger rotated 180 out - but our past experience has been that the pump will not operate at all if this happens. Maybe you have a new or different twist happening with yours, we normally are working with Bryce and Lucas (European), not (Indian) Bosch parts.

We always keep regular stocks for 6/1 and 8/1 in kit form... no messing around with a "compressor" - get the real thing without any subterfuge. Stock location is central Kansas.
We also still have a couple of the grandfathered KOEL (Kirloskar) 8/1s if you need a completed and completely legal "engine" to operate.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:57:53 AM by dieselgman »

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 11:25:03 AM »
subterfuge.
dieselgman

Cool word  8) Did you invent it?

Butch
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 01:25:23 PM »
Well, perhaps in this context or usage.  :laugh:

Maybe should watch what we say or how it is said though! That comment was meant somewhat tongue-in-cheek. I hope it is interpreted that way.

We are all law-abiding citizens here, comrade!  :)

dieselgman

getterdone

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 02:52:56 PM »
The "milled waldorf" slot is where the retainer screw goes - anywhere else is likely to cause a misalignment and stuck plunger. The barrel is actually clamped in place with the delivery valve and its cap - thus making a good seal between them. You can get the plunger rotated 180 out - but our past experience has been that the pump will not operate at all if this happens. Maybe you have a new or different twist happening with yours, we normally are working with Bryce and Lucas (European), not (Indian) Bosch parts.

We always keep regular stocks for 6/1 and 8/1 in kit form... no messing around with a "compressor" - get the real thing without any subterfuge. Stock location is central Kansas.
We also still have a couple of the grandfathered KOEL (Kirloskar) 8/1s if you need a completed and completely legal "engine" to operate.

dieselgman

i did put the screw into the milled slot.
i'll try swapping it around yet again.
its kinda like the rack slipped a tooth. but when you close the rack the wear pattern looks to be right.

central kansas is a nice day trip. tell me more about pricing ect. on thease engines.  i hate [subterfuge] ha!
getterdone

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2012, 04:54:04 PM »
Isn't subtrafuge half of a centrafuge????????? ;D ;D ;D ;D after all, unless you are former Navy, sub means smaller----- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
overbore

getterdone

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2012, 06:25:21 PM »
well, listen i took the muffler off so you can hear it. sounds beautiful!!!!! ha..
the new injection pump came a half hour ago. put it on, fired it up, still need to figure out whats up with the old one.
any way i want to find another 6/1 in place for a back up.
please keep me posted.
dieselgman, let me know.
                                    thanks all of you!
                                                                  getterdone

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2012, 06:50:13 PM »
Good deal! We can study further on the old pump problem.

Contact me directly - gary@dieselgen.com for any sales related questions. If you want a 6/1 kit, just email your details and we can accommodate.

dieselgman

getterdone

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2012, 11:20:24 PM »
listeroil., posted a pump manual that clearly showed that i was putting the deliverly valve in up side down.
well i needed a spare pump any way
thanks all for helping!          [getterdone]