Author Topic: Powerline 12/1 with frame and 10kw gen head **** SOLD******  (Read 6282 times)

SCOTT

• View Profile
Hi all.  

I have a Powerline 12/1 that I was planning on moving to a new location to free up space in a garage I have behind my house.  I am now leaning towards just selling the engine, frame and generator head.  

The engine is a Powerline 12/1 with probably less than 200 hours on it.  I originally bought this to net meter, but it was at the edge of my property and close to my neighbor’s house.  Well the neighbors complained about the noise so I bought a 6/1 and this one just sat unused.  This engine has the heavy wheels with boles, not spokes.  It is rated to run at 1000rpm.  It has been stored inside the garage the whole time.  The decompression release is missing; I will either order another or fabricate a new one.  I also replaced the original fuel line and filter with an inline filter from an auto parts store.  

I also have some spare parts that I will list if there is enough interest.

The gen head is 10kw and has had the “dog house” removed and rectifier added, I have about 10ft of armored 6-3 gauge wire (2 hot 1 common and a ground) that feeds into a breaker box.  It is wired for both 220v and 110v output  

The engine and gen head sit on a heavy “I” beam frame, the Gen head sits on a heavy-duty sliding steel frame that is adjustable.  I also have 2 pulleys one to run the engine at 1000rpm and the other is for a lower speed.  I will have to measure it to figure out the rpm required for 60hz.

I sold my 6/1 earlier this month, and based on all the PM’s I got, it was underpriced.  What I would like to do this time around is gauge interest before I decide on a price.  If there is real interest I will post some pictures.  In the mean time you can view this video I took when I first set up the engine.  http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4529506396378481680&q=lister+type&hl=en#

Please PM if interested

Thanks
Scott
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:33:01 PM by SCOTT »
net metering with a 6/1 in Connecticut
12/1
6/1

treetopflyer

• View Profile
Re: Powerline 12/1 with frame and 10kw gen head for sale
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 08:14:09 PM »
Scott, I attempted to PM you, but kept getting a "member not found". Either you got 3 or 4 of the same PM or none at all. If it's the former, I apologize...so let me try this directly...

Hello Scott,
Been looking for a large single to run a well (350 ft deep) while at my off-grid property. I did look at your video over on google, do you have any more pictures?
I believe you are in Connecticut, is that correct? I was wondering what the dimensions and weight are...shipping to Yuma, AZ 85367 could make this cost prohibitive? Let me know when you come up wil a sales price.
My personal Email is the most reliable: treetopflyer1@netzero.net
(started my career flying Hueys around...look up Stephen Still's song of the same name, you'll understand)...anyhow maybe we can do business?
Have a great day...Doug Bradford, Yuma, AZ

Mad Dog

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:36:54 PM »
Scott,

tried to PM you as well, not sure if it went through. I don't know what you are asking for this, but I'd be interested. I'm in Lebanon, CT. Shoot me an e-mail brendan@mclaughlin-companies.com or call 8six0 96one 75ei8ht4

Brendan
Brendan

windvision

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 03:21:05 AM »
Hi Scott:

Motor looks nice! Please drop me an email at windvision@mchsi.com  Thanks  Paul

septem8er

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 01:32:05 AM »
Hi Scott,

I'd like to hear from you too. septem8er@gmail.com

Tom
OFF GRID  since 2002                       
6/1 Ashwamegh 7000hrs                   
3kW PMG 2000hrs                             
6/1 R.A. Lister ( someday PMG )
24/2 Powerline 24kW ST 20hrs

3.5 kW Pole Mount PV Array
Outback FM-80
1800 ah 48 Vdc battery bank
Xantrex 5500

sframe

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 02:22:30 AM »
Interested in your 12/1. Please let me know the price and some pics would be nice.

sframe

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 02:24:57 AM »
please send price and pics to sgframe@gsinet.net.

Thanks,
Steve

SCOTT

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 03:11:20 AM »
Hi all,

I am back in the forum.  I have been in contact with several people interested in the engine, frame and gen set.  I have one gentleman coming to view the set on Saturday.  He has the first right of refusal to match any bid made between now and when he visits.  if there is any further interest in the set, please PM me, I can actually respond now!

Pictures are below

ok so posting pic is not as simple as I remember, pm me and I will send.  In the mean time I will ask my 7 yr old how to post pictures to the internet.

thx
Scott

net metering with a 6/1 in Connecticut
12/1
6/1