Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lister CS Start-O-Matic  (Read 3032 times)

chyangwel

• View Profile
Lister CS Start-O-Matic
« on: April 23, 2012, 12:14:51 AM »
Hi Folks
Had a really good bit of luck yesterday my nephew told me he knew of a Lister CS for sale and locally if I was still hankering for one. After a quick phone call, I ended up with the engine and generator set below. It’s in as found condition and in full working order the generator is fine the electric start all works ok and it is complete with all fuel tanks and cooling tower. Below are some pictures.

Here you can see the two fuel tanks the large green one is the one being used & the other green one is the smaller one Both have the level float's and covers the large one is 3/4 full of diesel

Checked for frost damage all clear there

Here you can see the water tower bloody huge

Some info on the generator

Info on the engine plate

Looking at the serial number it’s an 8Hp model made it 1958
Here is a short video showing her working yesterday.
[youtube]R_kXWgCg62Y[/youtube]

One condition of the sale was I remove the engine and take it away. So today my brother and I set about this task.

With the greatest of luck we managed to remove both the flywheels and bloody heavy they are to.

After a lot of hard work the only things left were the base plate and cooling tower

Eventually we managed to get it all loaded. I tell you the generator was the heaviest thing of the whole lot

Hear we are at her new home

Now for the unloading

Here we have the three tanks they are all in good order complete with their lids. The fuel tanks have the level floats all in working order

So there she is and it goes to show that there are still some good finds out there. I had a CS many years ago and never finished restoring it, sold it on I have always kicked myself for this. But now I have another one and very pleased with it indeed.

Cheers Ross
Sattley TA 1¾ hp, Lister CS Start-O-Matic 8hp, Wolseley WD2 1½ hp, Villiers WX11, Norman T600, Norman T300, Alco Featherweight.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Lister CS Start-O-Matic
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 01:07:40 AM »
Nice find Ross! Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the pictures!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
Re: Lister CS Start-O-Matic
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 01:17:23 AM »
Lucky dog!

I couldn't quit figure what part of Los Angles you found it in.  That stucco looked real familiar though.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245