Author Topic: Metro in Missouri on Ebay  (Read 4696 times)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: Metro in Missouri on Ebay
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 07:54:57 PM »
That engine is pretty greasy for only 30 min run time. But the price is reasonable so far.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 08:50:48 PM »
the seller has a Changfa listed too

Cord

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 04:03:59 AM »
I ended buying the motor.  Had some trouble getting it shipped to me because he wanted payment by check.  The engine spins up really nicely.  The no run issue turned out to be some flakes of debris in the gas tank which were blocking the outlet.  Pretty simple fix in light of what it could have been.  He did a pretty cheesy job of plumbing the radiator.  The outlets were JBwelded into the plastic side tanks!  Needless to say, this will not last under my watch.  Other than the radiator, his fabrication work looks good.  I believe the "grease" was from leaking diesel.  He washed the engine before shipping it, but the tank valve leaks so bad that diesel is already coating the engine.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 04:13:31 AM by Cord »

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
Hello and welcome,
Fuel leaks from the tank to the pump are commen. Some can be fixed with new sealing washers or thread dope. Be sure to know which type of fitting you are trying to seal up. Thread dope does no good on fittings that seal on a flare or sealing ring.  For all flare and sealing ring types check the sealing surfaces carefully for defects. Some times the parts involved ar so  poorly made that there is no fix other than to replace.  Good luck with it, Listeroids are fun to toy with.
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 11:29:26 PM »
Cord,
Good deal....have fun with it !
As for the tank, ditch it ! They are such junk, if you don't have a problem with it now you will later.
I don't weld aluminum because I don't have the tools for it so I had a local shop fab one up for me. I made the brackets and straps. A "tee" on the bottom for drain if needed and a good brass and stainless shut off. 1/4" rubber for padding and I shoud be set for years.

The pics tell all.

32 coupe

Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

Cord

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 02:18:21 AM »
My wife actually scored a gas tank from a 71 Chris Craft.  The guy had it for sale on craigslist, but he just gave it to her!  It's the perfect size for extended run times.  Besides, the vintage look of the tank can't be beat.

Unfortunately the last time I transported the engine the wing nut on the oil bath air cleaner came off and I lost the top of the assembly.  At this point I haven't decided just how I'm going to replace it.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 12:11:45 PM »
Loosing the oil bath is actualy a plus ;D Link is to easy modification thread. All you need to do is make up a disk to act like a large flat washer to hold the eliment.
http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=6164.0
Collector and horder of about anything diesel