Puppeteer

Author Topic: W.C Andree/OSL is back..... Again  (Read 48150 times)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: W.C Andree/OSL is back..... Again
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2012, 11:16:14 PM »
I though they put those news rags out of business over there.

The got one of them (The News of the World, owned by Rupert Murdoch) - now they're after The Sun (Rupert Murdoch's other tabloid) and Sky TV (Rupert Murdoch's TV news station).

You may sense a pattern there, and you wouldn't be wrong.

There's a distinct possibility that The Mirror (owned by the Guardian Group IIRC, or maybe Trinity Publishing) is also going to face some fairly serious music.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2012, 11:56:55 PM »
Which one is it that has the page seven (or what ever it is) girls?
BioDiesel Brewer

BigGreen

• View Profile
    • Mach1Pony
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2012, 12:31:59 AM »
Willem - Fix your clock. It's stuck at the 45 second mark
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIeIBvH1k5w
Dave
More Power Ashwamegh 25/2 15kw

32 coupe

• "Doc Johnson" on call !
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 24, 2012, 12:59:19 AM »
Is that clock really stuck at 4:20 ??
Metro 6/1 turning a ST 7.5 KW gen head
Changfa 1115 turning a ST 15 KW gen head
Ashwamegh 2/25
John Deere 110 TBL
New Holland TC 30

"I was sitting here reading this thinking what an idiot you are until I realized it was one of my earlier posts !"

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 24, 2012, 01:00:24 AM »
NOW WE KNOW ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :P :P :P :P :P :P :police: :police: :police: :police:

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 24, 2012, 01:12:34 AM »
Holy crap! That guy has gone round the bend! Either that or the Illuminati are in control of this forum.
BioDiesel Brewer

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 24, 2012, 01:19:58 AM »
Wow,   They have a special place for people like this.

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 24, 2012, 01:41:00 AM »
I wonder if that clock says cuckoo, cuckoo, cuckoo when it goes off?
BioDiesel Brewer

Horsepoor

• West Palm Beach, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 24, 2012, 02:27:49 AM »
Delusional

A delusion is a belief held with strong conviction despite superior evidence to the contrary. Unlike hallucinations, delusions are always pathological (the result of an illness or illness process). A rigid system of beliefs to which a person is preoccupied with and to which the person firmly holds, despite the logical absurdity of the beliefs and a lack of supporting evidence. A form of mental derangement.

Delusions typically occur in the context of neurological or mental illness, although they are not tied to any particular disease and have been found to occur in the context of many pathological states (both physical and mental). However, they are of particular diagnostic importance in psychotic disorders including schizophrenia, paraphrenia, manic episodes of bipolar disorder, and psychotic depression.

Delusions are symptomatic of mental disorders such as paranoia, schizophrenia, and major depression and of such physiological conditions as senile psychosis and delirium.
•   These mental disorders vary in intensity, extent, and coherence and may represent pathological exaggeration of normal tendencies to rationalization, wishful thinking, and the like. (Sound familiar).
•   Among the most common are delusions are those of persecution and grandeur; others include delusions of bodily functioning, guilt, love, and attempting to exert control over others (I.e. LEF members).

Does this definition sound like anyone you know?
GTC 20/2 down rated to 850 rpm - ST 15
Metro 6/1 800 rpm on cart - ST 7.5

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 24, 2012, 02:57:57 AM »
Yeah, me.
BioDiesel Brewer

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 24, 2012, 06:22:55 AM »
It is funny that he mentioned, at least in the 2 videos he pulled down, bullying and threatening...  So far, the only things I have EVER read or heard IRT threatening and this individual in the past 8+ years, have come from him in his recent videos directed at this forum and it's members...

I don't really see the copyright issue here.  Did someone take pictures or info off his website and use it to promote their own business?   Unless someone profited with information from him, that is about the only way I could see an issue. And then only if it was information used directly, such as photos or designs.   Anything HE puts out there free public access, such as that info in the public part of his website and his utube videos is all open for discussion, both good and bad...  

As I understand it, in order to constitute copyright infringement, something has to be first offered for sale or be of some value.  Then that something needs to be taken/stolen/pirated and either used/sold for profit or given away, without the originator receiving any profit for their intellectual property... IE: money changed hands amongst the wrong people, or no money changed hands, particularly to the originator of the material when it should have.  An example is a song or movie or piece of software being purchased by one, then uploaded for free so that anyone can download it without paying for it...

It almost sounds as if he is thinking that ANY mention of his buisness names, or ANY related discussions, are an infringement of his intellectual property?

I think what he is really hoping for is for ANY mention of his name  or buisness on the internet, other than what HE puts out there, to just disappear.  Sorry buddy, it just dosn't work that way.  Like most things in life, you have to take the good with the bad.  If all the discussions IRT OSL/WCAPS/Whatever were positive, would you be so eager for them to disappear?

In my experience, things are usually the way they are for a reason.  If most all the discussion is not favorable, there is probably a reason for that, and I do not think it is a conspiracy...

As for the people on this forum:  I have rarely met a more generous bunch.  I have seen more assistance and charity here than many other places, given very freely from individuals who have spent a lifetime accumulating their hard won knowledge and talent.  The only times I have really seen anyone have problems is when they, from an uninformed(and stubborn) viewpoint continue to argue technical points that they do not fully understand, or have not fully researched with individuals that are many levels more advanced than they are...      

PS 6/1 - ST-5.

Horsepoor

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 24, 2012, 06:33:56 AM »
Maybe the forum leadership should consider allowing him back. Don't laugh too fast. He obviously wants to achieve recognition and approval of the listeriod owning community. Unfortunately his failures have manifested into frustration and conflict. Think about how he must feel reading the the truth and reviewing posts pointing out his defficiencies from very knowledgable people without being able to interact. I for one find some of his ideas interesting, many to most are extmely flawed but his misguided ideas do spark a lot of constructive discussion. So to the leadership, i ask do you think about this: Could he be permitted to rejoin the "collective" on the LEF on a Probabtion status? He would have to be able to accept constructive criticism like the rest of us, take ALL his medication everyday and be a productive member contributing to the group. The outcome is up to him but do you think he is able to accept the challenge? Great opportunity to expand the listeriod knowledge base from an "abstract" thinker.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 06:38:00 AM by Horsepoor »

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 24, 2012, 08:05:50 AM »
Maybe the forum leadership should consider allowing him back. Don't laugh too fast. He obviously wants to achieve recognition and approval of the listeriod owning community. Unfortunately his failures have manifested into frustration and conflict. Think about how he must feel reading the the truth and reviewing posts pointing out his defficiencies from very knowledgable people without being able to interact. I for one find some of his ideas interesting, many to most are extmely flawed but his misguided ideas do spark a lot of constructive discussion. So to the leadership, i ask do you think about this: Could he be permitted to rejoin the "collective" on the LEF on a Probabtion status? He would have to be able to accept constructive criticism like the rest of us, take ALL his medication everyday and be a productive member contributing to the group. The outcome is up to him but do you think he is able to accept the challenge? Great opportunity to expand the listeriod knowledge base from an "abstract" thinker.

I can't speak for "the leadership" as such... (I am admin, not owner); but I can state for a fact that he is NOT banned (hm, I'd better check the ban list to be sure, but I'm reasonably certain he's not on there, and I will un-ban him if he is).

I would, genuinely, have preferred to work with him rather an against him - but, currently, he seems dead set on attacking the LEF & its members. I suspect that even if he were offered membership, he'd refuse.

IMHO: As I see it, there are 3 issues surrounding Willem and the Listeroid engines:
1) Making impossible promises (100k hours without  major maintenance? No chance)
2) Charging impossible prices ($100k? $10k No chance)
3) Mixture of good advice and bad advice - e.g. filling the rocker cover with grease

The last one is the dangerous one; separating the good from the irrelevant from the actively bad - if you're not already mechanically minded, following some of his bad advice will wreck your engine.

I'm not sure I like his handling of warranty work either (posting videos on YouTube basically accusing his customers of being dumb)

Edit: Fixed $100k price error (it's $10k).

Also, I checked the ban list, he's not there. So if he wanted to join, he'd be welcome.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 08:20:22 AM by AdeV »
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

Horsepoor

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 24, 2012, 09:54:10 AM »
Very reasonable - I'd call that an olive branch invitation.

shipo

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 24, 2012, 08:10:20 PM »

...you guys are bad... but thanks for make me laugh now my stomach hurts...

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Changfa 195/10k
Changfa 170R