Puppeteer

Author Topic: W.C Andree/OSL is back..... Again  (Read 47985 times)

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
Re: W.C Andree/OSL is back..... Again
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 09:57:10 PM »
Holy crap! Talk about snake oil! That guy must be as slippery as an eel, he must have gotten tired posting that, that's a lot of BS to sling.
BioDiesel Brewer

listerboy

• I love the smell of diesel in the morning....
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »
RE the craigs list:  Here is the response I received to questions about the internal cleaning and pictures:

"The engine is brand new in the crate. I have never opened it.  I have an identical one here  which runs that I and a friend assembled last year.   It has neither been assembled  nor cleaned/inspected.  The images are merely representative of what a listeroid looks like and my motor is very close in appearance to those images."

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »
OMEGA Test Engine Update video he says that he is pulling 30KW from the generator
Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2012, 02:09:03 PM »
30,000 watts? that's not too bad. ::)
BioDiesel Brewer

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2012, 07:36:54 PM »
I don't think I have ever seen a 60HP roid...
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2012, 12:26:52 AM »
Maybe he's got em running flux capacitors, in series with a turbo encabulator,
BioDiesel Brewer

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2012, 12:57:50 AM »
And the hits just keep on comming:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LViNdw-1Lsk
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2012, 02:40:19 AM »
Nazis are we....!!!????.....lots of shiny tooling.....not a single chip......something else! I got mine 10 years ago ;D
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2012, 03:02:43 AM »
And the hits just keep on comming:)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LViNdw-1Lsk

Was there an engine in there ?  I just saw new machine tools and clean pink fingers  :police:

Horsepoor

• West Palm Beach, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2012, 04:17:03 AM »
After watching his most cent video, absolutely Delusional, simplify "nuts". Does this "crazy guy" really expect people to believe the EPA actually conducted a site inspection on a private house without an andimistrative search warrant? On a house / shop that, maybe, sold an engine sometime during the FY 2012, that field inspector(s) would fly all the way out from D.C. to the west coast just to have a Coca Cola with this guy? One thing is clear, comments posted here on the forum really drives this guy nuts, in his fantasy world, he runs a large manufacturing company, building 100s of units per week, his brand name is a household name, and Bill Gates is a competitor. Delusional is an accurate assessment, what is really sad, there are victims out there who have actually bought engine(s) from him in the past. My friend Cujet has been assisting one of those misfortune victims left in the wake of his fantasy. So sad, but entertaining.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 04:21:25 AM by Horsepoor »
GTC 20/2 down rated to 850 rpm - ST 15
Metro 6/1 800 rpm on cart - ST 7.5

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2012, 08:59:07 PM »
Well by his own admission on his website, he has sold out all his 2012 production.  As for a private residence, I think if you operate a buisness that involves a federally regulated product, I think the federal agency that regulates that activity can come and visit anytime they want. They don't need a warrant, as you are participating in the regulated activity.  They don't much care that you may or may not live at your place of buisness.  Ask a gun dealer/manufacturer who operates out of his garage, or a fisherman that participates in a federally regulated fishery from his live-aboard fishing vessel...

By the threatening tone of his video message directed at this forum, I am guessing that if the EPA did come visit him, it wasn't as rosey a visit as he portrays...  And if they didn't come visit, why the video?  Probably a cease and desist order and or fines untill compliance with current tier requirements is demonstrated.  Similar to what they applied to pepboys or shucks/orielys, or whatever the large chain store was that got popped for selling non-compliant chinese engined power equipment a year or two back.

As was shown a few years ago by at least one individual that tried to get the roid to meet the EPA's ever rising hurdle, it was going to cost several hundred thousand dollars to just perform the laboratory testing for each tier hurdle, letalone pay for the engine R&D or apply and pay for the certification/liscence.  If I recall correctly, he had to either buy the equipment to test the system himself, or pay for it to be tested just to make sure it works.  Then when he applied for the liscence, he had to pay for the independent lab that the government chose to evaluate his application and the correctness of his claims that the modified engine meets emission specifications.   Not anywhere near enough marketplace for a lower quality antiquated diesel engine to warrent the cost and effort to continue to import/modify. 

The EPA wants the "dirty" diesel gone, of course not taking into account that virtually EVERY product we consume is in some fashion produced, processed or transported with one...     
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2012, 12:02:25 AM »
Well, if he sold out his entire 2012 production according the inventory he had on the site, one hundred thousand of each unit, for just the 6/1s that would be five hundred million dollars, so if he sold his entire inventory that would be around a billion dollars.
I saw a lot of peripherals but I didn't see any CNC machine, and BTW those tools with R8 tapers are for a mill not an actual CNC machining center, I've had everything he has there for 20 years.
I cannot think of a single possible modification to a head or a new head design that could do anything about emissions, the big boys are injecting urea in the exhaust and adding diesel particulate filters (DPF) with injectors to burn off the soot, the simple thing to do is burn veg oil, it'll beat any tier they want to come up with.
BioDiesel Brewer

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2012, 10:03:58 PM »
Wonder whagt his income taxes are on all those sold engines? ::)

wrightkiller

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2012, 10:41:28 PM »
Maybe we should send the tax man over to have coke with him to ...........You know   a coke and a smile ;D ;D,