Author Topic: Old style Listers  (Read 14069 times)

38ac

• View Profile
Old style Listers
« on: March 21, 2012, 01:18:07 PM »
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 03:13:49 AM by 38ac »
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

wrightkiller

• View Profile
Re: Old style Listers
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 01:36:26 PM »
100000   of these    :o :o :o :o :o ::)   and at a good price! ::) ::) ::) :o :o $69,995.00

Single Cylinder Power System
$49,995.00
https://www.wcaeaps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=121

What was that saying?????  A fool and his money are soon parted.....???????
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 01:42:08 PM by wrightkiller »

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:28:44 PM »
Not having had the pleasure/misfortune (depending upon your point of view) of dealing with this chap myself (as I have a lifetimes supply of real Lister engines to keep me occupied), has anyone on here ever bought one of these engines?

From reading this forum I also see that he has made some interesting claims for his products in the past.

Before I get shot down in flames I would suggest he has some interesting ideas, such as:

1 ), 90% of all bolts are now SAE standard and grade 8 or better. "usefull for you chaps who don't like BSW and BSF fasteners"
2 ), Reground and hardened crankshaft.
3 ),Cast-Steel idler gear fitted with roller bearing.
4 ).Cast-Steel camshaft gear.
5 ),Custom built camshaft.
6 ),Roller bearings on camshaft ends.
7 ).New American made hardened piston pin.
8 ).Hardened valve seats.
9 ),Steel valve guides "not sure what the benefit of this is?".
10) ,Ported airways.
11) ,25 inch spoked flywheels (250 Lbs each). "Heard of many a poster on here asking about heavy duty flywheel"
12) .Oil bath air cleaner.

Most of the modifications he has adopted are probably required to overcome  deficiencies of the original Indian sourced products.

I just cannot see how that can equate to a $10,000 for a 6 HP Listeriod.

Guys I have several offers for this engine and it is going to be sold so if you have interest,
Thanks for your interest,
Butch

Engine is sold, thanks!!

Lucky you sold this engine before he started to sell any of his 2000 engine stock, as it may have caused a severe drop in the market demand for such items  ;D

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 03:21:55 PM »
Plenty of good ideas mixed in with some really kooky stuff... just take the good and leave the rest! I have attempted to deal with Willem in the past and get to the bottom of some of the claims made - pure frustration because a part of his reality is actually fantasy to many of us. I think there is plenty of room here for everyone and we are smart enough to sort fact from fiction.

Just like Butch says, good-natured and entertaining!

We have recently been dealing with one of his customers who is having a bit of trouble... we shall see if he is able to help them (or not) shortly...

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »

We have recently been dealing with one of his customers who is having a bit of trouble... we shall see if he is able to help them (or not) shortly...

That sounds like it could be very interesting information for anyone contemplating purchasing one of these engines. As you seem to be well informed, perhaps you could post the outcome of that situation on this thread when its concluded for the benefit of anyone not familiar with this chap ;)

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 06:12:59 PM »
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 03:14:16 AM by 38ac »

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »
I think this gentelman was one of Willem's customers, with a flywheel that won't stay put?

http://listerengine.com/smf/index.php?topic=6271.0
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

listerboy

• I love the smell of diesel in the morning....
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2012, 01:53:09 AM »
Single Cylinder Power System
$49,995.00

And for ONLY $20,000.00 more you can get one more cylinder!!!   
https://www.wcaeaps.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15&products_id=121

Plenty to go around;

•Model: wcaeaps-ps-2
•Shipping Weight: 5500lbs
•100000 Units in Stock

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2012, 12:56:38 AM »
"WCAEAPS understands that their are hundreds of Listeroid owners in the U.S.A. that have been mislead by certain people that control the lister engine forums"

I am so confused....
Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

Horsepoor

• West Palm Beach, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2012, 06:08:02 AM »
One aspect I love on his videos is the constant reference to "we" and our "engines". The only person I every see or hear is HIM and the only engine is the one running outside.
GTC 20/2 down rated to 850 rpm - ST 15
Metro 6/1 800 rpm on cart - ST 7.5

ronmar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »
Wow, remove all the tapered pins holding the cam lobes tothe shaft, double-up the cam lobes and hold them in place on a new rod from fastenall with setscrews and locktight...  And no more pesky rotating tappets ::)

I feel like such a fool for not having thought out these simple, "plain as the nose on your face" improvements myself... 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 01:44:58 PM by ronmar »
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2012, 02:49:12 PM »
I don't know if he has it published or not, but at one time he made claims to holding EPA certification for his engines... when I pushed a bit further for details, the conversation degraded to generalities and he would not clarify anything for me. My conclusion with that was that he was a bit delusional about what the regulations really were.  :-\

Still, wish him the best!

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

dkmc

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2012, 11:18:46 PM »
One aspect I find creepy about his videos is that he sounds a bit fruity as well as very kooky  ;D
Every one starts with that weird 'heeellloo everyone'.......

One aspect I love on his videos is the constant reference to "we" and our "engines". The only person I every see or hear is HIM and the only engine is the one running outside.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:22:04 PM by dkmc »
Machinist, fabricator, designer, fixer

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2012, 05:10:43 AM »

Yes  Horsepoor you are right to pick up on the reference to" we and our" , over here I know a one man and his dog outfit who uses the same bigging up technique in an attempt to appear more than he is, in his case its a sign self delusion and dishonesty.  The trouble is,  some people who are suckered by charlatans give us all a bad press.
Anyways we must get back to gold plating all our 25 original CS engines in preparation to have them shipped to the moon. ;D

Mark.

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2012, 03:26:30 PM »
« Last Edit: September 02, 2019, 03:14:43 AM by 38ac »