Puppeteer

Author Topic: Source for ST Generator Heads  (Read 4149 times)

Spark_Chaser

• View Profile
    • Web Page
Source for ST Generator Heads
« on: September 04, 2011, 09:03:20 PM »
Looking for member advise or recommendations on where to get a replacement 5KW ST for my GM90 6/1.
My previous 5KW ST (purchased from Mike Montieth) was sold when I left Alaska to the weight down. 
I did keep the pulley with mounting bushing.

e-bay has two sellers, one in Las Vegas and the other in Georgia.  Anybody have dealings with either of them?

diesel-electric.us has them listed on a last updated 2008 web page FOB to Fairbanks Alaska.  2008 is a bit out of date for a web page on sales and the irony of shipping new from Alaska where I sold my old one (cheap too) is a bit much.

Any Canadian sellers within a days drive of Detroit or Sault Ste Marie? 
I assume there are no importation issues with only a generator head.

How about utterpowers buddy in Portland Oregon?   I'll be out there in mid October

Will consider a 3KW or 7KW as well.

S_C
Spark_Chaser
6/1 GM90 disassembled and in work

past
5KW ST sold
Northern Lights 7KW sold

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Source for ST Generator Heads
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2011, 10:05:19 PM »
We sell out of Kansas as well as Alaska, the old web site is in the process of being replaced and should be live within a few months now... we do keep a range of the ST heads down at our Kansas shop for supply with our engine kits.

Tom Osborne in Georgia is an excellent person to do business with and we get a lot of our product from him.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 05:42:07 PM »
Generator heads are shipped under freight classification 60, so enjoy much better (lower) rates than engines or other parts. I believe they can go coast to coast for $200 or less. We stock in Alaska for our Alaska customers but also have warehousing in Kansas for most of our North American business. In future we will expand to include distribution closer to East and West coasts. Timing for that will depend on demand and our available resources.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »
I have an ST5 available in Central Illinois

Bob
Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three