Author Topic: parts wanted cs 8/1 uk  (Read 5460 times)

mixedangased

• View Profile
parts wanted cs 8/1 uk
« on: January 14, 2012, 03:35:38 PM »

anyone got a valve rocker shaft for a cs 8/1 for sale

also how to date my engine 3928121

cheers chris

listard-jp2

• View Profile
Re: parts wanted cs 8/1 uk
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 12:52:46 PM »
As you are UK based, these people may be worth atry: http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/rocker-assembly-2201-0.html

mixedangased

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2012, 07:27:21 AM »
yes and thanks,they only sell the complete rocker set at £60,trying to sort a s/h one but might have to
bite the bullet and buy from them if no joy anywhere else.also will indian parts fit a genuine engine?
ta chris

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2012, 02:11:01 PM »
If your not adverse to Indian stuff, then this is as good as anywhere to try: http://www.devprecisionengineers.com/

An Indian sourced rocker shaft will fit your engine, but just in case and for your own piece of mind  be sure to specify that its for a genuine Lister CS engine, and not a clone. Also be very sure to specify that you want an export quality item.

The owner of this company is the middleman between you and any number of manufacturers, so you will be paying a little more (for his inside knowledge as it were), but on the other hand he does take alot of stress out of dealing with these companies directly, particularly on a small quantity orders like yours.

Not the fastest to deliver either, but I have not had any problems with Lister CS parts I have ordered from them to date.

mixedangased

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 06:08:14 PM »
ok ta wil give them a try.unless someone on here has a s/h one

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2012, 02:18:28 AM »
There are dozens who are reasonable to deal with... KK Thaker in Mumbai, Garima Global, MK Engineers.

Both Sleeman & Hawken and MEAD Plant are now sourcing some of their more difficult to get parts this way.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2012, 01:22:04 PM »
There are dozens who are reasonable to deal with... KK Thaker in Mumbai, Garima Global, MK Engineers.

Some good leads there, do you use these people yourself?

Both Sleeman & Hawken and MEAD Plant are now sourcing some of their more difficult to get parts this way.

I became aware of that myself only recently when enquiring about some injector to water jacket copper sealing tubes for a lister JWS6 engine, the problem was that the price did not reflect the item in question was of Indian origin. in the end it turned out to be alot cheaper to replace the leaking cylinder head from a spares engine that was known to be OK.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2012, 02:43:09 PM »
Yes, I have dealt personally with the ones I list here. Any of these three will be fair to deal with and not steal your money. Quality control, as always in India, will be a bit more difficult to achieve. I recommend KK Thaker in Mumbai if you only need a few pieces - they are more retail oriented and they know how to export properly. As far as I know, they will deal with all comers.

I recently purchased some bearings from Sleeman and was unpleasantly surprised to find they were plain white boxed Indian sold at Lister U.K. prices. So, the moral of the story now, is to ask all questions ahead of time and know exactly what you are getting.

dieselgman

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:46:24 PM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

mixedangased

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2012, 04:27:53 PM »
ok sorted now ,thanks for everyones help.