Author Topic: 195 vs 1100 head gaskets  (Read 4720 times)

jtbartlett

• View Profile
195 vs 1100 head gaskets
« on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:53 AM »
Hello. I was given a Changchai s1100nm for a potential rebuild. Unknown running condition. I pulled the head off and cleaned the rust that was in the cylinder sleeve so it now turns over freely. I need to replace the head gasket but I have not yet found a source in the US. Actually I did find one at Hardy however the price is more than if I imported it myself so that option is out for the time being. I have read here that the same gasket was used for the 195 engine depending on the cylinder sleeve configuration -either stepped or flush. I do know the sleeve on the 1100 is flush with the block. Is there a part number difference for the 195 engine for the 2 head gaskets? Maybe I will have better luck searching for a 195 gasket than I have had for the 1100. I have the spare parts kit but no unfortunately head gasket. If anyone is interested in pictures while this is apart I'd be glad to post 'em.

deeiche

• View Profile
Re: 195 vs 1100 head gaskets
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2012, 11:43:21 PM »
trace the head gasket and contact Gasket-To-GO.  I believe he already produces head gaskets for chines horizontal diesel engines.

Other people on the forum have used him before.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: 195 vs 1100 head gaskets
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 03:05:09 AM »
yes, go with the dude at gaskets to go, tell him to send you the gaskets he got from
another supplier for me, they are marked S1100 and fit both the 1100 and the 195 with stepped liners, they will not fit the indirect injected flat top liner 195 engine's.

they are of excellent quality, better than the chinese part in my opinion, he can supply them fast and for a very good price. i would order a half dozen if i were you.

i ordered a half dozen for testing and have them packed away somewhere.

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info