Puppeteer

Author Topic: SOM flywheels wanted  (Read 4099 times)

BruceM

• View Profile
SOM flywheels wanted
« on: January 04, 2012, 05:06:13 PM »
I'd like to get a pair of SOM flywheels for my Listeroid.  Please contact me if you've got some you'd like to sell.

Bruce M
Concho AZ

slowspeed

• Spend less save more
  • 12/2 3phase 25kw gen head
    • View Profile
    • Deserthydrogen
Re: SOM flywheels wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 02:49:09 PM »
add them to our container comeing from the UK
I will be getting a ton or more of stuff
and it all will end up in PHOENIX
Jeff
LISTER 12/2
WITTIE 16/1
IHC 1.5 hp
Gasifier and HHO
Stirling engine
1983 Dodge Running WVO
1983 Benz Running WVO
Home made solar

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 08:30:02 PM »
Thanks Jeff, I'm still hoping a pair will show up in the US.

Quinnf

• Rest in peace
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »
Y'know, I'm surprised the Indian manufacturers never made those available.  Most everyone here uses their engines for generator service and that's what the SOM flywheels were for.  I'd have paid extra to have heavier flywheels.  But as aftermarket parts, I think shipping would cost too much.

Hope you find a pair.

Quinn
Ashwamegh 6/1, PowerSolutions 6/1 "Kit" engine, and a Changfa R175a that looks like a Yanmar I once knew

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 09:01:17 PM »
It's always baffled me too, Quinn. Seems like a must have for most generators on CS's.  I wish someone would come up with "add on" weight wheels.  Preferably water filled!

With the inductive lag of even the small ST3 head I use, there is only so much you can do electronically in an AVR to reduce the power stroke variation.  It was driving my own AC battery bank charger software nuts; there was a 1.5 amp, 10 Hz current variation at a 10 amp charge rate (into 120V nom. battery bank). This despite AVR compensation!  I sure was surprised to see that since my charger has massive inductive and capacitive filtering- there is only 20mv of 60Hz ripple on it. It was being sampled (and displayed) once per second at a random point in the 10Hz cycle. You could watch the charge current value wander on the LCD display.  I finally just added some analog filtering to the processed current signal, so my controller would just see the average value and would quit hunting with the variac motor drive. 

Sfene

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 08:09:24 PM »
I would buy a set also.
 I did find an 8 groove 12" cast iron pulley on a surplus website, weighs 70#, uses QD bushing, needed a pulley anyway...