Author Topic: LOVSON 6/1 with 3KW Head For Sale  (Read 10768 times)

cowboy

• View Profile
LOVSON 6/1 with 3KW Head For Sale
« on: November 24, 2011, 05:34:58 AM »
With every cow we sold this year bringing 1/3-1/2 what it was worth and hay costing 2-3 times what it was worth I've got to raise some money,  so the LOVSON has to go.      If anyone could help give me an idea of what I should ask for it I would be grateful.      I don't want to under price it too much,  or over price it to where it can't be sold.    My plans are to list it on eBay on Sunday, but don't have the nerves for a "No Reserve" auction.     If anyone here would be interested in buying it before I list it, please be sure to contact me!     I can load it on your truck or trailer,  or would even consider delivery to you for expenses.   

It is actually set up right now as a really BIG portable generator.     It has a box of 4-110 volt outlets wired to the head.     You can start it and make electricity right now.    It is on a frame of 1/4 inch angle iron on railroad ties.      It has a 55 gallon cooling tank on a homemade wooden stand, and an automobile muffler on it .      Gen set is somewhat primitive,  but not without it's own merits.      This unit is pretty much as it was when I bought it last year.    It has been run by me about 3-4 hours for fun, and to show friends, and the person I bought it from said it had only been run there about the same amount.

www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.276815869021835.56919.100000802714529&type=3&saved#!/profile.php?id=100000802714529&sk=wall

Link is to a facebook page I set up because I couldn't get pictures to load here.     If link doesn't work the facebook page is Cowboy's Listeroid.    If any of you could help me figure a good price it would sure be a big help.

Thanks guys,
Cowboy

clytle374

• View Profile
Re: LOVSON 6/1 with 3KW Head For Sale
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2011, 03:28:45 PM »
I'm interested depending on price. 

Cory

Apogee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2011, 05:08:49 PM »
Hi Cowboy,

Happy Thanksgiving! 

Sorry to hear of the tough times.  I think it's hitting all of us, so you're definitely not alone...

The facebook link isn't working for me.  I've tried it twice.  Anyone else having any luck with it?

Where are you located?

Do you have any feel for what how much you'd like to get out of it?

Please let us know.

Thanks,

Steve
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 05:10:26 PM by Apogee »

cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2011, 06:22:21 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving folks!     I'm in the Houston, TX area.     About 45 minutes north.      I'm really hoping that I can get about $2600 for a running system with cooling tank and all.     Really want to split the line to where I'm getting a good deal and so is buyer.    Every extra dollar will be helpful.      It's low hours and runs good.     If you already have a facebook page you can just put in Cowboy's Listeroid and it should get you there.     The link was working last night,   but I am far from an expert computer guy!

Don't eat too much turkey!
Rick

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 06:59:52 PM »
I would suggest something around $3,000 as a starting point for your machine's value.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 02:52:15 PM »
Thanks Dieselgman,   

I think what I'll do is if anyone off the forum wants it I'll go with the $2600.     On eBay I'll try to go with the $3000 for added fees and having to deal with all that.    If anyone here wants to talk about it please contact me and we can work out the details.    I'll be listing it on eBay on Sunday night at about 9:00 pm Central time.

Thanks again,
Rick

BigGreen

• View Profile
    • Mach1Pony
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2011, 03:24:51 AM »
It is a bad year for ranchers down here. My pasture is gone. Price of hay has gone through the roof with the drought and no end in sight. Good luck with your sale. I would be at your gate with my trailer as fast as I could but I couldn't go home afterwards. That 'look what followed me home' line only works so many times. :(
Dave
More Power Ashwamegh 25/2 15kw

Horsepoor

• West Palm Beach, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 03:49:02 AM »
I'm paying $42 for each 120 lb. bail of timothy hay - sometimes called three string. Wife’s Arabian horse has COPD and requires “special” low dust hay. You think you’ve got hay problems; I had to build a hay wetting, water moisturizing system to eliminate hay dust. Yes, she has a horse that is allergic to hay! If I don’t jump through the hay hoops, the horse coughs, she calls in an emergency response to the VET, after the barn call bill and all the meds, it usually comes to around a thousand dollars per event. So I consider $42 per bail cheap as opposed to the alternative.    
GTC 20/2 down rated to 850 rpm - ST 15
Metro 6/1 800 rpm on cart - ST 7.5

cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 04:20:36 AM »
I hear you guys.    If I had a dog to die on me I could write a hit C&W song!      My wife and I are both allergic to having any animal live here that we can't eat.      At least with cows we can eat our mistakes!

Cowboy

BigGreen

• View Profile
    • Mach1Pony
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2011, 05:19:57 AM »
LOL
U need to change your username to PoorHorse
Dave
More Power Ashwamegh 25/2 15kw

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2011, 11:35:07 AM »
Shamelessly going waaay off topic here but the talk of expensive horse boarding remnded me. Here in Ohio they had to put a watch on at the state park wiith riding trails because people were driving in with a trailer of horses and then somehow forgetting to put them back in the trailer when they left. Seems now we have the  Park rangers take counts coming and leaving so those with bad memories dont leave with less than they brought with them.  :police:

Last I knew a run of the mill broke down old riding horse was worth lots less than nothing around these parts/
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2011, 03:09:41 PM »
yeah, this is way off topic now

I am allergic to alfalfa, yet I grow alfalfa and so do my neighbors.

Wow, $42 for 3-string 120lb Timothy.  We saw a lot of Tx licensed trucks heading out of New Mexico this year with alfalfa loads.

I have a little bit of 2-string 60lb weed free alfalfa in the barn.

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2011, 07:59:23 PM »
Deeiche,
Is your hay for sale?!  I may need some.
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

dieseldawg

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2011, 07:37:34 AM »
Hey cowboy!

Sorry to hear about the situation.  You wouldn't be interested in a load of hay in trade wudya?

dieseldawg

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2011, 07:42:23 AM »
I was sort of kidding, but looking further into your situation, I might be able to help.  Let me know what you need for your hay needs.  How hot?  small/large or round bales etc.

Thanks