Puppeteer

Author Topic: 10/1  (Read 9013 times)

overbore

• View Profile
10/1
« on: October 09, 2011, 03:34:11 AM »
By the grace of God. my JKSon 10/1 is now safely bolted to the I beams which are secured to the 3,600# concrete pad with McMaster -Carr vibe pads under the I beams.   I have George's thermostat housing for a NAPA / Dodge thermostat and have ordered an oil pump and gauge from the good folks at Generator Sales; however, I can not find any pix or details on how to install the oil pressure pump.

Can anyone supply the "other parts data" that may be needed, please?

Many thanks,

overbore

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: 10/1
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 04:03:40 AM »
Our pumps are mounted below the fuel injection pump and driven direct from the camshaft. The housing has a pushrod out the bottom for the purpose. The pump draws in oil from the bottom of the lower sump via a strainer screen and it delivers oil up to the main bearings via external and internal oil feed lines.

Here is a general diagram...

Now to answer your question about what parts are needed to retrofit the JKSon, I would suggest looking at the parts diagram and identifying what your machine has already vs. what is missing. You may also need the housing and seal that fits the pump pushrod.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 04:07:04 AM »
Your JKSon may also have another style sump altogether. If this is the case, then your configuration will be somewhat different than the diagrams for standard Lister designs given in prior post. I would think you could easily make the necessary modifications though.

dieselgman

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 03:46:00 AM »
Dieslegman, that is what I call "industrial strength" help. Thankkkks  :) :) :) :) and blessings.  Yes, I do need the housing and bits.  Do you sell same?  Have you used a Racor or any Listeroiud?  I run my 300SD on one and my boat ( Perkins Turbo) had one as well-great stuff. I like the water elimination part.

overbore

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 04:23:11 AM »
Yes, Racor is the most commonly used primary fuel filter and water trap used in most of our generator installations. We use the 500fg which is industrial strength, but you would certainly have enough capacity in a 100a series.

Do you really want to retrofit that JKSon with an oil pump? Is your crankcase the style in the first picture I posted? Do you have TRB mains in that engine? TRBs operate fine with splash lubrication only, but the sumps are of a different design than original Lister. We stock most everything to make your changes if you really want to accomplish that. The easiest way we can do this is simply to pull from one of our complete engine kits.

dieselgman

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:36:54 PM »
I have not been able to say this for a long time but it is pouring rain just now so I have not opened up the sump; however, by cheating I looked at the spare main bearings which are not rollers, rather they are the old style.  I am not that trusting of the stock dippers so yes, I do plan on a pressure oil system and the Racor 100a filter.

Again, many thanks, overbore

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:57:39 PM »
If yours has bushed mains, then a pump is the way to go to keep them properly lubricated. A double sump is nice for a bit more reliability in the oil supply as well.

We can help you get what is needed to complete your setup.

dieselgman

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
Will do shortly and many thanks.  WE are also fighiting a cancer issue with my wife but she now has an 87% chance of survival.

Laus Deo
overbore

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2011, 03:08:14 PM »
DIESELGMAN GET SPECIAL THANKS for putting up with my errors.  Lost my glasses in teh garden two weeks ago and have been feeling my way since; not good.

Oil fill casting is a POS as there is no metal behind stud hole will leak like ---- if operated; where to find a new csting and how to modify for oil dip stick??

Many thanks, overbore

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 12:31:23 AM »
Will do shortly and many thanks.  WE are also fighiting a cancer issue with my wife but she now has an 87% chance of survival.

Laus Deo
overbore

That is the most important news in this whole thread!
BioDiesel Brewer

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 03:56:43 AM »
Fabricator,
Yes it most certainly is. Blessings on you for so noting. We are 76 so have been best friends for long time.

"Love is that which exists daily  when the passion has burnt out"

Laus Deo
overbore

listerboy

• I love the smell of diesel in the morning....
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 12:47:35 PM »
overbore,

I know this is off-topic but your mention of being best friends for a long time reminded me of this short video.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKntqynkoFI&feature=youtu.be

Compared to the eternity that we will hopefully enjoy together as friends and family in the next life, life here is very short. May your time together be much, much longer until you meet again.

Dave

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2011, 07:57:15 PM »
On to fuel and electric: 

Since I have operated a Racor fuel filter on our 300 Diesel since 1981, I am installing a RacorR12S ( 2 micron filter ) on the 10/1.  This filter/water separator ( 120A ) has four ports : two inlets and two outlets.  For your information, the 1/4 X10 NPT ports require any one inlet and any one outlet port be plugged.  I am planning   on using SAE J1527 Type A hose of 1/4" id. This hose does not require the removal of outer cover to install.

On the electrical scene, we have just installed the 85 feet of #6 wire inside flex conduit to connect  the gnererator tot he DP-DT switch.

Laus Deo
overbore

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2011, 10:42:16 PM »
Do you plan on a complete tear down for sand removal? I see the dreaded "tested" sticker on the engine.
BioDiesel Brewer

overbore

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2011, 04:46:50 AM »
Pardon the pun, Son, but there is no sticker shock on my 10/1.  No sticker, no sand shock.  ;D ;D   Affirm the tear down; however, since mine is a JKson brand, the sumps are clean, free from sand and properly painted.

Misses noted thus far:

Oil filler casting plate is faulty and not completely cast. JB Weld  and green spray can may cure.
Fuel tank petcock leaks like a sieve.
Oil breather is painted shut.

Laus Deo
overbore

ps: in passing the thick 3/4" conduit/cable through a ground level basement vent, I wound up UNDER the steel driven wheel of the generator as I had to get face down on the ground to get to the cable being pushed to me.  Remember the line "STUCK, STUCK, I am Stuck" from The Christmas Story??? Well I was-- :-[ :-[  I wormed my way into position but at 76 my "worm gear" is worn out. :laugh: