Puppeteer

Author Topic: Ping Ken Boak / Powercubes / Volvox  (Read 7970 times)

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
Ping Ken Boak / Powercubes / Volvox
« on: May 28, 2006, 06:23:17 PM »
wassup matey, you appear to have gone quiet and all the web pages have disappeared.

Inquiring minds etc, everything OK?
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
Re: Ping Ken Boak / Powercubes / Volvox
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006, 01:49:50 PM »
hmm, looking like another aborted venture, damn shame
--
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.

Andre Blanchard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006, 03:05:13 PM »
These links are working for me.
http://www.powercubes.com/homepage.html
  The links from that page to the lister stuff do not look like they are working, but this page comes up.
http://www.powercubes.com/listers.html
The site has changed a lot since the last time I looked.

And he posted on the 29th on the yahoo group.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lister_CSOG/message/932

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2006, 05:08:54 PM »
that's good to hear, maybe just a web site design then.
--

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 07:40:21 PM »
I've had recent emails...he's been visiting family and busy with a new contract.  All seems OK but busy.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 08:15:52 PM »
I've had recent emails...he's been visiting family and busy with a new contract.  All seems OK but busy.

cool, cos sometimes when people go quiet all of a sudden you can't help wondering.

just heard a mate of mine is in hospital, he had a stroke and because he fell between the bed and the wall nobody found him for two days...  that and old biker stuff, "where's fred?" "oh, hadn't you heard, he bought it on dead mans curve last week" makes me think these things.
--

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 09:11:07 PM »
Guy---

It's good people think that way.....  I'm alone a long way from town and my closest friends wouldn't miss me for a week!!

...but I've got a fall-back position with instant messages every morning to a guy 3,000 miles away and whom I've never met.  HE knows who to call if I don't discuss the news with him every morning.
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 11:18:55 PM »
Guy---

It's good people think that way.....  I'm alone a long way from town and my closest friends wouldn't miss me for a week!!

...but I've got a fall-back position with instant messages every morning to a guy 3,000 miles away and whom I've never met.  HE knows who to call if I don't discuss the news with him every morning.

NOW I know why you need a dependable generator, nothing like calling the cavalry out to find someone up to his ears in bent pushrods... lol
--

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 11:33:14 PM »
  Lately it's been rattlesnakes I've been 'up to my ears in'.  I bend my own pushrods trying to levitate when the buzzing starts.  I'm about 80% deaf and 20% tinnitis and rattlesnake buzzing takes up the WHOLE UNIVERSE!!!
  It's 'jump, shoot, and grab your heart' around here this time of year.   :o

rgroves

• View Profile
    • Flint Hills Diesel
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2006, 03:01:18 AM »
  Lately it's been rattlesnakes I've been 'up to my ears in'.  I bend my own pushrods trying to levitate when the buzzing starts.  I'm about 80% deaf and 20% tinnitis and rattlesnake buzzing takes up the WHOLE UNIVERSE!!!
  It's 'jump, shoot, and grab your heart' around here this time of year.   :o

Warning -- I know in advance this will be way the hell off topic.  And I don't much care.  Hotater, this one's for you.

I have a lot of rattlers on my place in New Mexico.  I will live out there a good part of each year. 
Do you have a favorite sidearm/caliber/load for them little buggers? 

Thanks

Russell Groves
A country boy can survive - Hank Williams Jr.

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2006, 03:35:16 AM »
steel belted waders made out of old tyres, that's what I'd wear... vbg
--

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2006, 04:15:16 AM »
Russel--

I carry one of four small handguns everywhere I go.  I currently have a S&W Model 317 in my pocket and two M-34 Kit guns laying around. 
The model 317 is an AirWeight, 8 shot, 22 LR, also available in 22 WMR and two or three inch barrels.  Mine is 'stainless finished' and two inch.  I carry it in a glove leather slip holster in my left hip pocket until I go to the store...then it goes undercover.
  I was in a gunshop in Anchorage and a guy walked in wanting to sell the exact same gun...I gave him $200 cash for it and have it on the ATV as another spare.

I've tried a variety of rat/snake shot loads.  The CCI still perform the best in two inch barrels and the Federal crimped-ends  the worst.   (In the center fire calibers, Speer is way ahead.)
  I carry two rat shot loads first up (and ALWAYS shoot both on a snake) and six sub-sonic hollow points.  The HPs are usually used for signaling dogs, but there's an occasional packrat or skunk that needs attention.

Just for grins I just weighed the gun with ammo in it's light leather sheath--  363 grams,  12.8 oz.   I constantly bump my pocket to be sure it's still there.

kpgv

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2006, 04:51:28 AM »
Russel,
You say "New Mexico". It's a big place.
I have spent time there with Friends in the "Mimbres" valley, a little east of Silver City, and west of the Black Range near a place called "San Lorenzo".
You also might beware of the scorpions, (common),
and the bugs that "get into bed" suck blood, usually from the "lower extremities" (Feet, ankles, etc). I can't remember the name, but ask around. NO JOKE. My friends are VERY careful about these, since "ocasionally", the "host" (human) gets sick.

Kevin

rgroves

• View Profile
    • Flint Hills Diesel
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006, 12:29:46 PM »
Russel,
You say "New Mexico". It's a big place.
I have spent time there with Friends in the "Mimbres" valley, a little east of Silver City, and west of the Black Range near a place called "San Lorenzo".
You also might beware of the scorpions, (common),
and the bugs that "get into bed" suck blood, usually from the "lower extremities" (Feet, ankles, etc). I can't remember the name, but ask around. NO JOKE. My friends are VERY careful about these, since "ocasionally", the "host" (human) gets sick.

Kevin

Hey Kevin, thanks for the tip. I'll ask around.  My place is east of Albuquerque, btw.
 There's another common parasite down there, the "bipedal interloper"
They breed prolifically, but nobody seems to care.   :(

rgroves

• View Profile
    • Flint Hills Diesel
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 02:36:53 PM »
Russel--

I carry one of four small handguns everywhere I go.  I currently have a S&W Model 317 in my pocket and two M-34 Kit guns laying around. 
The model 317 is an AirWeight, 8 shot, 22 LR, also available in 22 WMR and two or three inch barrels.  Mine is 'stainless finished' and two inch.  I carry it in a glove leather slip holster in my left hip pocket until I go to the store...then it goes undercover.
  I was in a gunshop in Anchorage and a guy walked in wanting to sell the exact same gun...I gave him $200 cash for it and have it on the ATV as another spare.

I've tried a variety of rat/snake shot loads.  The CCI still perform the best in two inch barrels and the Federal crimped-ends  the worst.   (In the center fire calibers, Speer is way ahead.)
  I carry two rat shot loads first up (and ALWAYS shoot both on a snake) and six sub-sonic hollow points.  The HPs are usually used for signaling dogs, but there's an occasional packrat or skunk that needs attention.

Just for grins I just weighed the gun with ammo in it's light leather sheath--  363 grams,  12.8 oz.   I constantly bump my pocket to be sure it's still there.

Thanks, Hotater.  I've never paid much attention to rimfire shot loads.  I'll try a box of the CCI WMR's in my old Colt and see how they work. 
I sometimes load shot capsules in a .44 mag case.  Now that's entertainment!