Puppeteer

Author Topic: Container shipping out of England  (Read 136583 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Container shipping out of England
« Reply #165 on: December 12, 2012, 03:58:57 PM »
As far as I know, all engines are spoken for. We will fill out the container if any space or weight margin is left over.

It will be helpful for us if all owners will contact me with their full details at this time so that we have a very firm handle on what is to be done with all involved engines from here forward.
gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 12, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »
As far as I know, all engines are spoken for. We will fill out the container if any space or weight margin is left over.

It will be helpful for us if all owners will contact me with their full details at this time so that we have a very firm handle on what is to be done with all involved engines from here forward.
gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman

Bagsy I the twin, if no-one else claims it :D
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

slowspeed

• Spend less save more
  • 12/2 3phase 25kw gen head
    • View Profile
    • Deserthydrogen
« Reply #167 on: December 12, 2012, 06:31:44 PM »
Gary and I get to split the Twin  ::)
Ade ,you had a good look at my engines,if you would or could tell me if I need to add some parts to the BOX so I can make my engines runners?
Cheers Jeff
LISTER 12/2
WITTIE 16/1
IHC 1.5 hp
Gasifier and HHO
Stirling engine
1983 Dodge Running WVO
1983 Benz Running WVO
Home made solar

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 12, 2012, 10:34:52 PM »
Well perhaps when the time comes whomever bought the Lister CE would be kind enough to send me their contact information at some point.

Thanks

Randy

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2012, 01:18:58 AM »
did DRDEATH have any of these?  or did he just initiate this, before he disappeared?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2012, 02:34:54 AM »
Lisenby had several, but they have either not shown up or I simply do not know all of those kinds of details at this time... there is enough weirdness to this whole transaction to give anyone second thoughts.

What I do know: the actual total costs are going to be dramatically different (higher) than what was originally promised, some folks have lost their investments due to the protracted and convoluted entanglements that have ensued. This includes myself unfortunately. We will endeavor to keep the remainder of this transaction as simple and low in total cost and free of further risk as is practical.

Our process at this time is simply, round up everything we can find, identify it by serial number and assign it to its rightful owner, assess total costs and apportion according to volume and weight.
Get the container stuffed and shipped to America as soon as we can manage it. We are almost at the stage of getting our load manifest and export paperwork put together now.

dieselgman

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »
Gary and I get to split the Twin  ::)
Ade ,you had a good look at my engines,if you would or could tell me if I need to add some parts to the BOX so I can make my engines runners?
Cheers Jeff

Hi Jeff,

Lots of elbow grease mostly.... a couple of your motors are probably best used as parts donors - e.g. the one from Norfolk that was full of seashells... clearly it had spent some time on the sea bed. You will mostly be wanting cooling tanks/radiators I suspect, you have 2-3  fuel tanks. You'll need some injector lines and general fuel line stuff, banjos etc., but unless you're hell-bent on using Dursley original stuff, you can get all that cheaper out there in the States.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2012, 02:43:32 PM »
I don't have a horse in this race but from the grandstands I have to say,  what you've accomplished so far is above and beyond what anyone else was able to accomplish.

If you had control of this process from beginning to end are you considering doing something like this again?  You probably have the best understanding on what it would take to make it a profitable business venture.

Lisenby had several, but they have either not shown up or I simply do not know all of those kinds of details at this time... there is enough weirdness to this whole transaction to give anyone second thoughts.

What I do know: the actual total costs are going to be dramatically different (higher) than what was originally promised, some folks have lost their investments due to the protracted and convoluted entanglements that have ensued. This includes myself unfortunately. We will endeavor to keep the remainder of this transaction as simple and low in total cost and free of further risk as is practical.

Our process at this time is simply, round up everything we can find, identify it by serial number and assign it to its rightful owner, assess total costs and apportion according to volume and weight.
Get the container stuffed and shipped to America as soon as we can manage it. We are almost at the stage of getting our load manifest and export paperwork put together now.

dieselgman

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2012, 03:26:23 PM »
deeiche

I don't have a horse in this race but from the grandstands I have to say,  what you've accomplished so far is above and beyond what anyone else was able to accomplish.

If you had control of this process from beginning to end are you considering doing something like this again?  You probably have the best understanding on what it would take to make it a profitable business venture.

I have done this before and will likely do it again, with different circumstances of course. As long as there is demand and shortage, or imbalance in the world, there will be those enterprising souls who will pursue unlikely avenues to get things done. On my last English shipment, cooperative with others, I spent $8120 total to procure and deliver 3 Lister CS models to Kansas. Two of these were SOM setups, so very heavy (almost 1,000Kg each). We paid fairly high prices for barnyard stuff, but mostly just very costly logistics to move around and ship. If I had to do it again, it would be with some English travel and hands-on inspections ahead of time. Better logistics planning within the USA would also have helped reduce our total costs. This stuff is just awkward - and expensive - to deal with.

dieselgman

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2012, 05:41:35 PM »
dieselgman

thanks for the info

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #175 on: December 15, 2012, 01:02:06 PM »
Next installment... These will also be going into the container as far as we can determine at this time... please identify any that are yours!

dieselgman

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 15, 2012, 04:59:45 PM »
I'm pretty sure the CE is DR Death's (if it's the one with the broken nose).

That VA sure looks familiar too - are these all from Blackpool? If not, the VA is the one i spent 3 days digging out of an outhouse with a crowbar and some castor wheels... man, what a job that was.

The 1/2 pallet of parts are Jeff's.

--------

OK, I recognise most of these:

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th & 6th pics are Jeff's (slowspeed) - I know, because I picked all of those up. That FR2 genset, I nearly lost that just north of Carlisle, I was so tired I dozed off on the M6, just for a couple of seconds luckily... needed a coffee & some fresh britches after that one I can tell you...

7th pic is Dr Death's CE

4th pic (the Lister on a trolley) belongs to Joseph Gilmartin.

As far as I can remember (please someone correct me if I'm wrong), all the extra fuel tanks belong to Jeff, I don't think there were any water tanks in the pile, maybe 1?

« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 06:42:15 PM by AdeV »
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 15, 2012, 07:03:54 PM »
3 days with a crowbar and some castors? a bit over equipped I think, 3 days is what happens when a 6`6"   computer programmer tries to do a mans job ;D ::)  .  All this batch are from your storage delivered to me by semi trailer with mounted crane. 

Mark.

slowspeed

• Spend less save more
  • 12/2 3phase 25kw gen head
    • View Profile
    • Deserthydrogen
« Reply #178 on: December 15, 2012, 07:19:13 PM »
Sounds about right
Need to add the 2 that Ade picked up from Andy !(the one had red spokes )
That was the trip you took Way South.You Moved 6 engines for me
http://s196.beta.photobucket.com/user/abs-1/media/lister61MarkLarichie550.jpg.html?sort=6&o=20
And Mark got 2 of mine from Black pool
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 07:20:54 PM by slowspeed »
LISTER 12/2
WITTIE 16/1
IHC 1.5 hp
Gasifier and HHO
Stirling engine
1983 Dodge Running WVO
1983 Benz Running WVO
Home made solar

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 15, 2012, 09:05:32 PM »
3 days with a crowbar and some castors? a bit over equipped I think, 3 days is what happens when a 6`6"   computer programmer tries to do a mans job ;D ::)  .  All this batch are from your storage delivered to me by semi trailer with mounted crane. 

Hah - you wouldn't say that if you saw the maths involved......

Hmm

Anyway, It had to come off a slab that was cast in place (so the concrete in the centre of the base was up to 4" higher than the surrounding concrete... the entire building was maybe 4' by 6', the engine sat in one corner with about 4" clearance either side. It was a mare. Oh, and it had to be unbolted from its base and turned 90 degrees just to get through the door.

It'd better bloody work after all of that!

Jeff - you're right, 2 more from Haverford west. I might have the serial numbers somewhere, can't find them just now.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------