Author Topic: Container shipping out of England  (Read 136754 times)

millman56

• View Profile
Re: Container shipping out of England
« Reply #150 on: November 08, 2012, 08:41:43 PM »
Yes indeed, from the land of the rising sun to the land of not much sun, its a fair bet that Mr Kubota didn`t expect his 2012 rice grinders to be replaced by these 60 + year old lumps!!! 

Mark. 

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #151 on: November 19, 2012, 07:48:44 AM »
Update on English container...

Mark Wilkinson has now quoted us a price for moving and consolidating the equipment in Blackpool. He wants 700 GBP for that portion. Keith will allow the stuff to be moved after payment of 650 GBP in additional storage fees. After that we will have everything in one place and Mark will figure out the stillages and packing costs for us. A little light at the end of the tunnel.

I will note here that a big thanks is due to Mark for his assistance and patience with us. He is not asking for storage fees on equipment already moved to his place at this time assuming that this does not drag out much further.

We are still waiting for full clarification of what exactly is being moved vs what Mark already has... that clarification may not come until Mark actually goes over and takes stock at Blackpool. We have not been successful so far in obtaining that information from any other source. So it goes. Not to original plans or expectations at all - progress none-the-less.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 07:51:24 AM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

slowspeed

• Spend less save more
  • 12/2 3phase 25kw gen head
    • View Profile
    • Deserthydrogen
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2012, 05:01:05 PM »
700 British pounds sterling = 1114.1900 US dollars
For holding 2 of my engines  and one of Bret Schwartz
Here go the fees  :-\
Just need to know how much is my part of them??
Thanks Jeff
LISTER 12/2
WITTIE 16/1
IHC 1.5 hp
Gasifier and HHO
Stirling engine
1983 Dodge Running WVO
1983 Benz Running WVO
Home made solar

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #153 on: November 21, 2012, 12:30:02 AM »
Keith was holding 9 + engines for all this time. Further details once Mark gets them collected. I am sending them a little over $2,000 to get this rolling again.

The fees are unavoidable unless we go over and do it ourselves.

As I understand it you have quite a few engines in this pot slowspeed!

dieselgman

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2012, 04:04:25 AM »
700 British pounds sterling = 1114.1900 US dollars
For holding 2 of my engines  and one of Bret Schwartz
Here go the fees  :-\
Just need to know how much is my part of them??
Thanks Jeff
                                                    Jeff, I am charging you zilch for holding your engines, the 700 GBP  was quoted for moving  12 engines as I understood at the time.   Just to put things in perspective, what do you think are my chances of hiring two men in the US to drive 93 miles on choked up roads, hump 4 lister engines onto a trailer drive 93 miles back, unload them and do this 3 times  for 1114.1900 USD ?     A rocket scientist would probably say that even with your low fuel prices  I might stand more chance of flying to Mars.                                                                                                                                                                                         Any costs thus far are not of my making and please bear in mind that Gary and myself are picking up the pieces of a fragmented  buying spree.

Mark.

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2012, 02:01:00 PM »
Mark, Dieselman, etc...
I can't begin to tell each of you how much I appreciate your continued efforts in this long project.
I got into this a long time ago through Dr. Death (Mike).
When he fell off the earth, I thought the $1000 I sent him for my engine (was supposed to include shipping too) was just gone.
Then, you guys all stepped in to pick up the pieces.
I'm gonna owe you guys a bunch more money for all of your work storing,moving, packing, crating, shipping etc, but in the end I may finally end up with my Lister.

Please let me know who I owe how much. 

Ultimately, this is going to be a much more expensive engine than I had budgeted for, but it's too late to back down now  :) :)

Thanks again for all of your continued hard work!!!!
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2012, 03:16:22 PM »
Mark and I will do our level best to keep further costs to the minimum, and get this project completed. Yes, everyone involved will have to bear their fair share of the unexpected costs. I do not believe it is anything too far out of range for obtaining some rare Dursley iron in the USA though.

Just a little heads-up on the actual shipping and import costs as well: Recent enforcement of a number of US Homeland Security and Border Protection policies has the potential of greatly increasing those costs. Our last container and also small pallet coming through the process via New Jersey have been charged basically double the normal and customary expected fees. It seems there are potential extra exams and delays involved at every turn and we have no control over what the paper-pushing bureaucrats choose to do to us. Perhaps it won't be so bad through a Gulf-Coast port as it is on the East-Coast, we can at least hope!

dieselgman

slowspeed

• Spend less save more
  • 12/2 3phase 25kw gen head
    • View Profile
    • Deserthydrogen
« Reply #157 on: November 23, 2012, 02:52:35 PM »
Sorry Mark
As you will note from all my previous post.It was my understanding that there only 3 or 4 engines that had to make this 93 mile trip from Blackpool,
I see now that you have your work cut out for you making 3 trips
As my kids say MY BAD!
Cheers
LISTER 12/2
WITTIE 16/1
IHC 1.5 hp
Gasifier and HHO
Stirling engine
1983 Dodge Running WVO
1983 Benz Running WVO
Home made solar

listerdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 24, 2012, 10:41:27 AM »
I guess that's why the engines we sold to the USA are still sitting here waiting.

Shipping and clearance costs are way higher now than they were 10 years ago, what looks like a sweet deal starts to go sour when the freight and handling costs go through the roof.

I could have sold my 10/2 twin a dozen times over, but the shipping costs killed it.

Now, as of this past week, we may have something happening that is of some interest:

Our friend in California who we stay with regularly is getting organised with his two Austin A40 Sports cars that we have in storage here (as well!)  He is looking at getting those shipped over to Oakland in a 40' container next year, and there will be space/weight for extra stuff. Not sure how much we'll have, and I'm not taking any bookings, but make a note that it may be coming up as an option.

We had a long chat about things last night, and things will start to move this and next week.

I'll post some more when we both know how and when, but he is pretty much intending to go for it.

Peter

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 25, 2012, 09:28:34 AM »
Sorry Mark
As you will note from all my previous post.It was my understanding that there only 3 or 4 engines that had to make this 93 mile trip from Blackpool,
I see now that you have your work cut out for you making 3 trips
As my kids say MY BAD!
Cheers

No problem Jeff,  one of the things that I have learned through a couple of trips to the US and conversing with Americans is that while  we share a  language  semantics differ,  this can often lead to misunderstandings    (which you don`t want when taking afternoon tea with badass gunslinging dudes from the wild west  ;D) .   

Mark.

listerdiesel

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 25, 2012, 09:46:50 PM »
First part has fallen into place, Tim has picked up another A40 Sports in Las Vegas, so the shipping of the two we hold here is almost 99% going to run.

Next part is getting a bigger place to hold all of this stuff.

Peter

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2012, 02:58:38 AM »
Mark has collected 9 units from Lytham (Blackpool), here are photos of what he now has ready to go including serial numbers.

What do you think guys? A light at the end of the tunnel?

dieselgman

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 12, 2012, 02:57:59 PM »
Have all the engine been spoken for? I see what appears to be a lister CE in there....

-Randy

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 12, 2012, 03:29:30 PM »
YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The second picture with the heavy flywheels is mine.

Thanks for posting that picture!!!!

-Brett
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

RJ

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 12, 2012, 03:32:25 PM »
all those flywheels look pretty heavy to me  ;)

YOU JUST MADE MY DAY!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D

The second picture with the heavy flywheels is mine.

Thanks for posting that picture!!!!

-Brett