Puppeteer

Author Topic: Container shipping out of England  (Read 136061 times)

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Container shipping out of England
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2011, 01:37:49 PM »
Just for the avoidance of doubt of anyone reading this thread.... I am not able to move the engines from Blackpool to Matlock.

Jeff- You're more likely to get a response if you put an advert on a website like Shiply (http://www.shiply.com). You'll need the postcode of start & destination, and you'll (probably...!) get all kinds of quotes. Best to specify 4(?) palleted 1/3 ton engines as the load, so that people with tiny vans don't respond.

I have a Shiply account if you want me to look into it?
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: December 08, 2011, 07:02:52 AM »
Can I get another engine in the load?  If so, where would it need to be taken (address) and who would I need to get in touch with?  
I'm in contact with someone over there (england) who may free up a project 8/1.
I'll need to get any relevant info to him to see if he can manage it from there.
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #77 on: December 08, 2011, 02:40:33 PM »
There is still ample room in this load.

We are consolidating at Mark Wilkinson's. <<edit- please contact me directly for the address>>

I will pass his other information privately because he has not confirmed 100% to manage all requests and possible convolutions at this time. We are doing our best to contain costs to a minimum. You may pass any requests or details to me - gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 07:52:47 PM by dieselgman »
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 08, 2011, 05:28:03 PM »

Anyone know somebody in Poland?

If I could find someone to act as a go between with one of the Polish Andoria diesel sales I'd get one of those to England.  However without a direct contact in Poland I'm struggling.

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 08, 2011, 08:15:26 PM »
deeiche,

I have some friends that are Polish.  I will ask if they can be of any help.  They do still have friends and relatives in Poland, so, send me some info and I will see if they can help.

Derek

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 08, 2011, 11:33:23 PM »
deeiche,

I talked to one of our Polish friends.  We need to know where in Poland your engine is so that we can see if they can help.

Derek

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 08, 2011, 11:55:36 PM »
deeiche,

I talked to one of our Polish friends.  We need to know where in Poland your engine is so that we can see if they can help.

Derek
Wow, what an offer.

I can't look at polish websites from work, but when I get home I'll find the item on allegro.pl I am looking at.

thanks again

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 09, 2011, 02:22:33 PM »
deeiche,

I talked to one of our Polish friends.  We need to know where in Poland your engine is so that we can see if they can help.

Derek
Wow, what an offer.

I can't look at polish websites from work, but when I get home I'll find the item on allegro.pl I am looking at.

thanks again
I do not have a specific engine, but I've seen this SILNIK S320 S 320 S-18 ESIOK ES ANDORIA ANDRYCHÓW posted several times.  It is located in Końskie.  I think if I knew what region your friends were located I could try finding an engine for sale in their area.

This one, Stationary engine Andoria S320 2 pieces showed up today.  It is located in Kuyavian-Pomeranian province.

If anything my knowledge of Poland is improving.   :)

again, thank you
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 02:38:53 PM by deeiche »

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 09, 2011, 03:49:50 PM »
Wow!!! the one with two engines is only about $330 USD !!!
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 09, 2011, 03:58:08 PM »
I think that is per engine, but still qty 1 price is pretty good.

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 09, 2011, 05:49:55 PM »
Locations sent.  Will let you know as soon as I find anything out.

Derek

deeiche,

I talked to one of our Polish friends.  We need to know where in Poland your engine is so that we can see if they can help.

Derek
Wow, what an offer.

thanks again
I do not have a specific engine, but I've seen this SILNIK S320 S 320 S-18 ESIOK ES ANDORIA ANDRYCHÓW posted several times.  It is located in Końskie.  I think if I knew what region your friends were located I could try finding an engine for sale in their area.

This one, Stationary engine Andoria S320 2 pieces showed up today.  It is located in Kuyavian-Pomeranian province.

If anything my knowledge of Poland is improving.   :)

again, thank you

millman56

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2011, 07:18:09 AM »
There is still ample room in this load.

We are consolidating at Mark Wilkinson's. <<edit- please contact me directly for the address>>

I will pass his other information privately because he has not confirmed 100% to manage all requests and possible convolutions at this time. We are doing our best to contain costs to a minimum. You may pass any requests or details to me - gary@dieselgen.com

dieselgman

To paraphrase, there are knowns and known unknowns. D Rumpsfeld.  Anyway here`s my known remit with regard to the engines at this time, unload and store the engines (the storage is FOC but at the owners risk), attach the engines where required to as yet unsourced steel stillages/transport frames (two of the engines here are attached to wooden frames and may need to be removed per your EPA timber import rules), load the container and secure the contents and prepare the UK export paperwork.   As the various engines and gensets will  require more or less time spent on them I will log time spent on each in order to be fair to the respective owners.     Arranging transport of engines to my yard is fraught with difficulty  the main one being that most folk don`t have access to a forklift to load trucks,  although I have the gear to load and transport engines, people would probably  expect me to compete with pallet firms, travelling 300 miles for $110.00 is not an option for me.  However if anyone wishes to discuss  collection of engines feel free to PM me after 18/12/2011 or SMS to 0114407971536328 anytime.     Has anyone thought of looking into the option of buying a container,  this would provide secure storage at either end and would take the pressure off  loading and unloading, what the resale value is in the US would be the decider for me.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2011, 07:28:35 AM by millman56 »

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 13, 2011, 01:49:49 PM »
any update

deeiche,

Derek

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: December 13, 2011, 04:50:58 PM »
Not yet.  I'm in Oregon today, get back to Texas tomorrow.  I will get with them when I get home.

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2011, 02:22:05 PM »
This one was relisted.  With the Zloty getting hammered lately the BIN is < $300.

The thing that concerns me is the paint job.  It looks like they just slapped a new coat of paint over everything, including the manufacturer plate.  I'd rather see an old engine than a fresh coat of paint any day.