Author Topic: Container shipping out of England  (Read 135836 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Container shipping out of England
« on: September 27, 2011, 06:26:13 PM »
Sounds like a couple of us in the USA with engines waiting in England are picking up the ball on that shipment. Any further interest in getting your stuff included? Please respond here and we will try to accommodate. The plan is to fully stuff a container and share the costs. Shipment to be out of Blackpool. We have about half of it full at this time and maybe will finish this out within a month or so.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

br549

• View Profile
Re: Container shipping out of England
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2011, 10:47:18 PM »
Hello Dieselgman.  Thank you for picking up the ball on the container shipment.  We have a 8/1 som with base and a second set of flywheels that I believe are in Blackpool and we would love to have shipped and get in on this container.  We also may have a 12/2 that we would like to have included.  What is the shipping destination?
Thanks again for following up on this.  Appreciate it.
Terry

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 01:23:03 AM »
Shipment destination will depend on the consensus of all the shippers but most likely Kansas City or other central US point from which we can further disperse the load. A lot of stuff is in there for Kansas and for Arizona so the trend is to the West. We do have a few options and are looking for more regarding where to drop and disperse the load. The economics of the situation will likely be the major decision driver in this case. I have a yard with forklifts in central Kansas and also have storage capability there, even if longer term is required.

dieselgman

slowspeed

• Spend less save more
  • 12/2 3phase 25kw gen head
    • View Profile
    • Deserthydrogen
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 04:37:55 PM »
Thanks Gary for starting this post,JetPilot had his engine shipped across the pond  already.He will be sending me info on the shipping of his single engine.Looks like I have 9 engines and a few parts the biggest will be the FR2 and the SOM .We do have a mate in the UK that will let us ship parts to his place and he will take the lot to Blackpool for us he has been a BIG help to me by picking up my engines from allover the UK.
THANK YOU ADE!!!!
I think we should be looking for parts and tools as the old Listers have a few Whitworth nuts.
Will try to add a photo of the yard in Blackpool that was taken from google earth. Well forget that, I cant get in to my Lister Engine Gallery GOT IT YAAAA Try and Try and try
Slowspeed

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 04:31:15 PM by slowspeed »
LISTER 12/2
WITTIE 16/1
IHC 1.5 hp
Gasifier and HHO
Stirling engine
1983 Dodge Running WVO
1983 Benz Running WVO
Home made solar

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 09:23:28 PM »
What is the address for that yard?

dieselgman

slowspeed

• Spend less save more
    • View Profile
    • Deserthydrogen
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2011, 11:46:53 PM »
Snowdon Rd, Lytham, Lytham St Annes, Lancashire FY8 3, UK

As far as I know
We shoud have 4 engines at this place
Slowspeed
LISTER 12/2
WITTIE 16/1
IHC 1.5 hp
Gasifier and HHO
Stirling engine
1983 Dodge Running WVO
1983 Benz Running WVO
Home made solar

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 03:36:32 AM »
Gary I guess I owe you a world of THANKS. 2011 has not been one of my better years. Every corner has had some road blocks. I guess it is what we learn from the road blocks if it was GOOD OR BAD.  I know there is at least 2 of us and maybe 3 who have engines in Blackpool. It really is not Blackpool but close. I would like to be able to put my engines in there if possible. Please let me know. I know one thing for sure Life is not like a box of chocolate. Unless there is some NASTY chocolate out there. Mike
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 04:02:53 AM »
No problems... just email me your details and we will accommodate. This may still take awhile to sort out since we are just starting to compile the necessary information to take the appropriate decisions.

dieselgman

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 04:16:04 AM »
I almost forgot to ask, Mike... are you referring to the yard at Lytham - Snowdon Rd.? I think Ade will be relieved that we are going to be able to deal with the entire lot that is stored there.

dieselgman

slowspeed

• Spend less save more
    • View Profile
    • Deserthydrogen
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 04:10:10 PM »
Hi Gary
When I said we have 4 engines ,I was including Mikes  Drdeath

Hay Mike
I did talk to Gary last week and asked him if we could work on getting this ball rolling,As I had not heard from you.
But by all means your engines will go in this BOX,We still will need a little info from you like the People at the yard in Blackpool.It may be good if you could help out with the guys at the yard at Snowdown find out who will load the Box and at what cost$
Ade will be droping 11 or 12 Engines off at Snowdown soon, he may be willing to help load?
Slowspeed
LISTER 12/2
WITTIE 16/1
IHC 1.5 hp
Gasifier and HHO
Stirling engine
1983 Dodge Running WVO
1983 Benz Running WVO
Home made solar

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 09:56:57 PM »
Jeff, I understood you to say you had 9 engines plus some parts... we will get this all listed out and figured soon enough. Thanks for your help.

We will require full detail on each unit regarding engine serial number and age so that I can demonstrate their exempt status on our EPA paperwork.

dieselgman
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:28:23 AM by dieselgman »

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 11:04:20 PM »
I think I have about 9 or so engines lying about the place at the moment, including a couple of doozy's (slowspeed's fr2 genset is, for want of a better word, f'king huge!).

I am currently considering hiring a friend to take all 9 to Blackpool in one trip - he has a bigger HIAB (crane) than me, and his lorry is faster, more comfortable, and less likely to lose bits of its cab: Don't get me wrong, having the crane lorry has (and continues to be) an unbelievable boon, but it really is a dog on long journeys. I'd plan to take the engines when the container is onsite, so I can load them straight in. I had a brief e-mail conversation with Kevin at the yard a little while back, and one thing he doesn't have is covered (dry) storage, so IMHO it would be best to get a container in there ASAP.

Serial numbers I can get for most (maybe all) of the engines. I presume they should, for preference, be drained of oil before being loaded? Any objection if I send the oil I extract to Spencer for his amusement?  :laugh:  :police:

It's great that this project is on the move again - I need the space! On the other hand, the engines have been a great talking point for the weeks/months they've been here.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2011, 11:52:45 PM »
Agreed on the serial number recording and providing full engine descriptions, also affirmative on draining all fluids such that no spillage is possible, empty crankcases, fuel tanks, and water jackets are a requirement.

Any ideas about crating resources there Ade? If we can crate and stack, it will make a huge difference in our load capacity and that could become necessary. We normally fit 45 singles in a 20' container but that is fully stuffed and at the weight limits.
Crating can also reduce load damages from rough handling of the container (very likely) and may help us if we have to end up with transloading the container in the USA.

<<snip - off-topic sorry>>

dieselgman
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:15:16 PM by dieselgman »

BigGreen

• View Profile
    • Mach1Pony
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2011, 02:06:25 AM »
I presume they should, for preference, be drained of oil before being loaded? Any objection if I send the oil I extract to Spencer for his amusement?  :laugh:  :police:
LOL I miss ol' Spencer. I hope he is doing well.
Dave
More Power Ashwamegh 25/2 15kw

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2011, 02:29:31 AM »
I think he is busy with his projects as ever and posts on the CSOG forum. (Lister CS Owners Group). I read the excerpts often and see a lot of the same discussion as was on here regarding how to get WMO to burn in diesel engines without catastrophic failure. I don't think there is any major controversy involved with the discussions though - all seemed to be the same information going around again. Of course the British seem so proper and well-mannered.

This is of course, way off topic for this thread!  ;)

dieselgman
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 02:33:01 AM by dieselgman »