Puppeteer

Author Topic: UK-5 CS's, 1 money  (Read 4744 times)

contaucreek

• View Profile
UK-5 CS's, 1 money
« on: August 31, 2011, 01:24:42 AM »
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

contaucreek

• View Profile
Re: UK-5 CS's, 1 money
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 01:31:56 AM »
Can't believe nobody has jumped all over this  ???...if they were on this side of the puddle they would be gonzo...I don't want to hear any of you guys over there whining that you cant find a CS  ;D
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 03:18:04 AM »
Good price, very expensive logistics and shipping from England (times 5)... lots of missing pieces making these relics good as cores, but usefulness is limited otherwise.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 11:40:50 AM »
Further more I see no 8-1 CS engines here, and as others have pointed out a good source of spares for anyone at that price. For this very reason I am always dubious about buying incomplete engines, as often is the case by the time you have sourced all the missing parts, you could possibly have bought a complete example for less. Though obvoiusly with a quantity of engines such as this it should be possible to get at least two complete engines from this lot without too much trouble.

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 06:10:07 PM »
I could pick those up, but it'd take me 2 days (1 day there, 1 day back). Why oh why do these things appear SO far away from me!?

If any of you Americans want them, I can collect for a total cost of £320 (to cover fuel & hotel), that would be to Blackpool for inclusion in the container shipment which, finally, is gathering. You'd have to speak to Jeff or Mike about the container costs, and you'd have to then ship them from Dodge City, Kansas to your location.

I'd agree with others - there's a lot of iron there, but potentially only 2 working engines worth, maybe not even that. I don't see many pushrods...

IMHO - not worth the transport headaches. There are better machines out there, which will ultimately cost less in every respect.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2011, 06:51:28 PM »
Ade,

Who is in charge of that container gathering you are referring to? I have quite a few Listers in England waiting for transport right now.

dieselgman

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2011, 08:07:35 PM »
Ade,

Who is in charge of that container gathering you are referring to? I have quite a few Listers in England waiting for transport right now.

dieselgman

You have a PM...
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2011, 01:17:24 AM »
Well, now we are moving ahead with that project... anyone interested in shipping their stuff out of England, this may be the best deal going where we consolidate into a single large container shipment. I believe we can take at least a half a dozen more engines so post here and let us know if you have an interest!

dieselgman