Author Topic: lister jp head  (Read 3632 times)

191honda

• View Profile
lister jp head
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:44:58 PM »
hi,, i ve found a crack in one of my jp2 head,,,so i m looking for 1,,,,if someone have a good one for sale,,,,i prefer in the canada or u.s. ( shipping cost )but ll consider any offer
shipped to quebec ,canada,,g0j1m0

thank

Hans

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: lister jp head
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 06:08:22 PM »
We do not have any demand for JP stuff in North America - thus no stock... If you do not find one here, let me know and we can locate an import for you. As you indicated, the shipping might be a bit high for this item from overseas.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »
^^ Or you could import one directly from India yourself.

From such people as these: http://www.moonrise.in/cylinder-heads/d-g-enginesh.html

Who are producing new castings, I personally know of someone in the UK who periodically imports bare JP heads from these people, for use on marinised Lister JP engines.  As this route is becoming viable as the supply of good used heads is ever diminishing, due to cracking and corrosion issues.

The only problem area he has had on these heads so far is the cast iron is quite soft (which caused valve seat reccession), so he now has them fitted with valve seat inserts, and then fits them with genuine Lister valves, guides, springs, valve caps, and collets.

191honda

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 02:13:19 AM »
thank for the fast response,,,i appreciate,,,
ll continue to look around for a lister one but if i dont find ll ve no choice to go with the indian copy

thank again