Author Topic: Lister white metalled thin wall camshaft bush  (Read 3335 times)

dougf

• View Profile
Lister white metalled thin wall camshaft bush
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:14:20 PM »
I am trying to identify a Lister white metalled thin wall cam shaft bush. The internal diameter is about 1.75 inches.

Does anyone know which Lister engine this was fitted to and any ideas where I might obtain such a cam shaft bush ?
(I've tried a couple of firms but without the engine number they can't identify it.)

Many thanks
Doug

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: Lister white metalled thin wall camshaft bush
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 01:29:37 AM »
LPW used a thinwall cam bushing, I do not have the exact measurements.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

listard-jp2

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 06:33:40 AM »
This could also be from a Petter engine, as the the dimension you quote, ties in with a Petter PAZ1 engine. More information, or a photo would be usefull.

dougf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 10:30:47 PM »
Thanks dieselgman - I looked at the drawing in the LPW parts manual and that looks similar.
I will contact a couple of possible suppliers tomorrow to try to get the details to confirm.

Thanks also listard-jp2
The only further information I have is that the one that I'm looking for is about 2 inches long.
Does that sound like the Petter PAZ1 bush to you ?
Will also ask suppliers tomorrow

Many thanks both

Doug

dougf

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2011, 11:48:33 AM »
I have now been told by one of the suppliers that the camshaft bushes from the LPW and PAZ1 are too small for my requirement.

The existing bush that I need to replace is very similar to the flanged (thick wall) main bearing bush on the PAZ1, but not close enough. 
I know of someone who had the same problem and bored it out to fit a thin wall cam shaft bush but he can't remember the Lister engine type that the thin wall cam shaft bush was used in. As the inside diameter is 1.75 inches, it must be a larger engine for the camshaft to be this big.

An alternative might be to replace the existing bush completely rather than trying to fit a thin wall bush into it.
Does anybody know of a flanged white metalled bush similar to the PAZ1 main bearing bush but with an outside diameter of around 2 1/4 inches ?

Regards
Doug