Author Topic: Injection Presure and Pattern  (Read 5044 times)

Doug

Injection Presure and Pattern
« on: May 21, 2006, 04:38:09 AM »
Does anyone have any information on the various Mico inject pumps and injectors out there used in Literoids and Petteroids?

I'm looking for better spray patterns and or higher presures. If we're going to tweek these engines to run on more viscuss fuels, waste oils and in my case look for a better cleaner pilot injection (less coking) system for a producers gas test.

Mike Monteith, are you willing to lend some info I suspect you've already look at this to clean up the DI GM-90 emissions.....

Doug

jetmax

• I like oily my hands then clean !
    • View Profile
Re: Injection Presure and Pattern
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 08:28:31 AM »
Hi sir , did you got it ? Any information for better injection pattern?
Regards
Mesut

jetmax

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 07:59:45 PM »
Could you give any link please ? Could be more usefull?

AdeV

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2017, 09:23:40 PM »
Hi Mesut,

Unfortunately Doug is no longer a member (as you can see from the word "Guest" by his name). Unfortunately, a few years back, this forum went through a very sticky patch where it was frequently unavailable, and sadly we lost a large number of longer term members around this time.

Rather than dig up old threads (especially ones where the original poster is now a Guest), you'll get a better response by posting a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Good luck! (and sorry, I can't help with your actual question)

Cheers,
Ade.
Cheers!
Ade.
--------------
1x Lister CS Start-o-Matic (complete, runs)
0x Lister JP4 :( - Sold to go in a canal boat.

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 07:38:50 PM »
  I just ran across that info yesterday. For a Petter PH1 the compression pressure is approx 550psi, injection pressure 2100psi or so and peak combustion chamber pressure approx 1050psi. 

jetmax

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2017, 07:22:41 AM »
Hi Glort,
My engines are slavia d5 5 hp and its like similar lister cs . But my engine is too tired .ip and cylinder sized . It is in low limit condition .I try it to turn back to life .at the moment I have  not enough money for re produckt of spare parts , I will do later .now I try to my best and learn as much as possible .
How can advance timing 4-5 degres? Could you axplain  please ? There is knocking when I accelerat engine , in normal speed there is no knocking , only in accelerate.I read here , he say if knocking in accelerate, problem is in injection therefore I want eliminate injection device .I tryed to adjust injektion but I dont have cpntrol info.
Best regards
mesut

jetmax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2017, 04:58:47 PM »

If your engine is not in good condition then my advise would be don't even go near alternative fuels.  You'll coke the engine in no time then you'll blame the veg/ engine oil and think they don't work.... which they won't on a worn engine.  If you want to extend the life of your engine DO NOT put any alternatives near it.

You cannot learn from a skewed result.  Running a worn engine on veg will not be the same as running it on a healthy engine. For one thing, You'll probably have a huge amount of trouble starting the thing. Not because the fuel is bad but because the engine is.

I don't know your engine so not sure of the timing adjustment. It is common for diesels to be louder with a bit of knock on acceleration.  Try revving a China Diese straight out the box. Don't know what fuel they test run them on and set up the timing at the factory but it sure must be different to what we have here! Personally, I wouldn't worry about a knock just on acceleration.  Means the diesel is lighting off well. If it is knocking on diesel, it would probably be perfect for Veg oil as fuel.

Again, unless you put in a very through water injection system I wouldn't even think about it. Still wouldn't recommend using veg/ engine oil with a worn engine and WI or not.
No problem ,,  issue is not to use veg oil or others  . Only that I want to know  :is there any methode to understand , sprey pattern is as good as possible .
 But thank yoj very much for kindly interest .
Best regards

Mesut

BruceM

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2017, 06:29:51 PM »
The injector should produce a pulse of very fine particles- a pulse of fog, not a spray. If it's spraying a coarse jet, or dribbling, you have injector problems and should replace or repair.

jetmax

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2017, 09:15:18 PM »
Thank  You Bruce that was I need clear and satisfaction information.
I will do what You say.I think most important thing the fog .
Best regard
Mesut