Puppeteer

Author Topic: 12/1 giveaway  (Read 22284 times)

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
Re: 12/1 giveaway
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2011, 12:14:42 AM »
Thanks Gary, I will keep this in mind.

cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2011, 04:32:23 PM »
If things ever get back to normal I will be able to finish this engine/generator and get it into operation.      It seems I spend all my time fighting the drought and heat stress trying to keep my cows alive.      We have had to spend THOUSANDS of dollars buying hay during the time they should be grazing on on green pastures.       I still need to find the right belt pulley for the gen head.      Who has the best pulleys?      Anyone want to buy a couple of cows?

Cowboy

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2011, 05:31:27 PM »
My original Lister 8/1 is almost home, made it into the port of Houston last week.  I am out on the road for 8 days and will be picking it up when I get home.  Then the fun begins, build a base, figure out the cooling system and belt the generator head up.  I am getting the pully for it from George at Utterpower. 

Derek

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2011, 09:15:18 PM »
SNIP
We have had to spend THOUSANDS of dollars buying hay during the time they should be grazing on on green pastures.
SNIP

Cowboy
Hopefully the drought ends soon.

Folks are coming in to NM to buy alfalfa for their TX herds, but the drought is hitting us hard this year too.  Lower Rio Grande conservancy district cut off irrigation water July 1, we still have it in the Middle Rio Grande district.  But even with irrigation water the heat is stunting alfalfa growth.  Yield is about 60% of previous years.  Only good thing about the drought is weeds are not growing.

piperpilot3tk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2011, 09:21:37 PM »
Cowboy, I hope next year will be better.  I bought two pulleys from George at Utterpower and they were really nice.  Sounds like the 12/1 should be set up to pump water on the farm.

Jetpilot, good luck with the Dursley 8/1.  You are making alot of us really jealous.

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2011, 12:51:33 AM »
Cowboy, I hope next year will be better.  I bought two pulleys from George at Utterpower and they were really nice.  Sounds like the 12/1 should be set up to pump water on the farm.

Jetpilot, good luck with the Dursley 8/1.  You are making alot of us really jealous.

I will take pictures when I get home and see if I can post them.  Should be home sometime on the 27th. 

Derek

Lester

• View Profile
    • justliveoffgrid
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2011, 04:38:50 PM »
We could probably add some Anand (Powerline) product to our next order if that was of interest to you. Not certain we can get them to cooperate with all the hoops that must currently be jumped though.

dieselgman
dieselman
We are the dealer for (Anand powerline) products here in Canada. Our first shipment will be arriving Sept 11 2011. They consist of 6/1 12/1 12/2 both full engines and compressors. We have the exclusive rights for compressors in north America. We will also have a full line of spare parts. We will have available ST type alternators. We have been able to create quite an interest here in Canada. We will be shipping compressors to the USA as they are legal. If we can help out in any way please do not hesitate to contact us. Please visit our web site justliveoffgrid.com or contact:
Jim Calder 705-761-2012
Doug Willoughby 705-639-2697

E-mail address justliveoffgrid@gmail.com

harryzx-12

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2011, 03:33:34 PM »
 I wish i would have joined this site sooner. I am in N. Fla.   :(