Author Topic: The Sorry State Of Indian Listeriods - Rotting To Hell  (Read 13645 times)

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: The Sorry State Of Indian Listeriods - Rotting To Hell
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 01:22:32 AM »
Perhaps so, but it would be far better to steer clear of any such nefarious schemes and just abide by the law whether or not it is sensible. The pitfalls on both sides of the transaction could be severe enough to negate any practical advantages. There are plenty enough unscrupulous business people without some Americans and their EPA problems adding to the mess in India.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2011, 01:54:09 AM »
This is true without doubt, one of these days I'm gonna order one of your kits and drive down and pick it up, what kind of availibility do you have on the 8/1 kits?
BioDiesel Brewer

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2011, 11:14:16 PM »
Supplies for the 8/1 are still very good. Less so on the others, but we will do our best to keep up with the demand.

dieselgman

CD in BC

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2011, 10:04:35 PM »
Why all the excitement over poor copies in poor condition half way round the world when you can buy originals here in North America and restore them?

No, not exactly the same kind, but CS series and models like the FR that don't regular hand oiling etc.

I guess the grass is always greener on the other side of the ocean?

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2011, 10:08:14 PM »
We buy all the originals we can find, here in North America as well as a number of other countries. No particular excitement over the copies from India either but they do fill a niche that otherwise would be poorly served. So what original CS models do you know about anyway?

dieselgman

fabricator

• Grand Haven MI
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2011, 11:48:49 PM »
I'd be interested in one of those originals also, if they are laying all over the place in BC.
BioDiesel Brewer

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2011, 04:52:44 PM »
Well, I'm thinking there really is not much available in CS vintage stuff in North America. If there is, we have not seen nor heard of it. For several years running I have traveled tens of thousands of miles collecting everything I could find here.

We also bring in air-cooled OEM Listers from the ship-breakers in India. We get quite a few lifeboat engines and other shipboard auxiliary engines.

I have a half a dozen CS machines coming out of England now as well. All the shipping and handling will dramatically impact the cost so this is far from an ideal situation.

Any other suggestions?

dieselgman
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:01:26 PM by dieselgman »

deeiche

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2011, 06:01:44 PM »
Well, I'm thinking there really is not much available in CS vintage stuff in North America. If there is, we have not seen nor heard of it. For several years running I have traveled tens of thousands of miles collecting everything I could find here.

We also bring in air-cooled OEM Listers from the ship-breakers in India. We get quite a few lifeboat engines and other shipboard auxiliary engines.

I have a half a dozen CS machines coming out of England now as well. All the shipping and handling will dramatically impact the cost so this is far from an ideal situation.

Any other suggestions?

dieselgman
anyway to get something in your container from England?  the other container from England has gone quiet.

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 06:28:42 PM »
Our container is fully stuffed and ready to exit the port pretty soon. I do not know status on the "auction" container. Mike Lisenby should know something about that.

dieselgman