Author Topic: lister with kohler generator  (Read 5484 times)

trowel

• View Profile
lister with kohler generator
« on: April 02, 2011, 05:02:46 PM »
hello again, how is everyone,
i am looking for a pdf format for a sr1 lister generator, for a friend, the lister number is 5247sr1a20 with a kohler electric plant mod. 3.5 cm 021 63625a, ser. 333937, also have a q. about the high pressure fuel pump/ throttle rack, the pump has been cleaned but the throttle rod that slids back and forth (were the governer hooks to) is a little hard to push/pull through, should this be easy or is it like that normally, and also i need to be reminded, is the fuel pump pressure is 6 to 8 p.s.i ?,
thank you in advance for any help,
trowel

trowel

• View Profile
Re: lister with kohler generator
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:07:45 AM »
it runs, it runs, he got it running,  ;D

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 03:41:24 AM »
We have the Instructions and parts in pdf files, but maybe too large for easy transfer.

Your pump rack must be very smooth and easy or it will "hunt" and "lag". You may have a problem with the pump element, its alignment in the pump body, or the actual shaft. Take the pump loose from the block and governor, will it work smoothly then? Next, take the delivery valve out of the top, smooth yet? Next remove the element alignment screw, check it again. Next just clean out the pump body and replace the pump element, clean and refit the shaft and rotating parts. This is basically just the process of rebuilding the unit. While you are at it, you might as well replace the delivery valve as well and eliminate all sources of difficulty.

Lift pump pressure can be minimal gravity feed (no pump required at all) or can be up to 4psi with an electric in-line pump... not sure about higher pressures, but certainly not required or recommended.

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

trowel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 05:38:46 PM »
thank you, i will send my friend to this page and to the pdf files, this is a big help to me also, i was looking at a sr1 genny to buy, but shyed away, im kicking my-self in the a** for it now, oh well, next time, i will keep everyone posted on the progress,
trowel

trowel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 05:04:06 PM »
pump has been cleaned and freed up, he sent me a vid. of it running, sounds very good  :laugh:, now to ''plug'' it into the house,
trowel

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2011, 11:15:14 PM »
Glad to hear it...

dieselgman
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations