Author Topic: lister/listeroid owners in the ozarks  (Read 6994 times)

honda lee

• View Profile
lister/listeroid owners in the ozarks
« on: March 08, 2011, 09:36:08 PM »
Hi to all just wanted to introduce my self. my name is lee and i live in the ozarks. I just purchased a 8/1 listeroid from  gary at diesel electric. (he has been great help and i hope to buy from him again) I was wondering if their are any other lister owners in my area? this is my first lister and i have a feeling it won't be my last,but please dont tell my wife she wont forgive me for buying this one till i can save her money on electric bills. she says im pretty deep in the hole so i have a lot of saving to do.lol
I go by hondalee cause i have been a biker for many years and i have and ride a 05 goldwing,99 valkyrie interstate.

injin man

• View Profile
Re: lister/listeroid owners in the ozarks
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2011, 02:11:29 AM »
My friend here Zero G built a 6/1 that he got from Gary, he may be able to
help if you need it. You can check out the Microcogen board for more help
also. Mine is undergoing a major prebuild overhaul, more on it later.

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »
thanks for your post. so rar i have welded up a frame to set my lister and mount  a 5hp 3ph induction motor to generate power. i also have a place for a water tank for cooling. the water tank is made out of a propane tank about 5" tall. i also welded 2  five gal propane to the larger tank one on each side to pre heat wvo and wmo.
i still have a lot to do ie, fuel line and filters,exhaust and countless other things. I just found some much better assembly instruction for the lister so i am going to pull it back apart to check piston clearence with the soft lead and mark top dead center on the wheel . i think my timing should be ok .i think it was set before i got it sence
they ran it before i got it.i will try to post some pics. hopefuly i can figure it out
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:02:16 AM by honda lee »

honda lee

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 01:32:29 AM by honda lee »

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 01:34:05 AM »
It'll never work
It's too clean  ;D
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

injin man

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 02:03:11 AM »
It looks like you're well on your way, looks good. (nice and clean)

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 03:50:56 AM »
I almost agreed with bschwartz.  And then I saw the drop cord on the floor and knew you probably have what it takes. ;)

I am curious - suspicious of the 360 the upper water tower hose takes?  Just an anomaly of how you've got it stored right now?

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 12:22:22 PM »
Yes, please throw a few things on the floor around the engine and dirty things up a bit,, heck there isnt even anything to trip over??  ???

;D   ;D ;D
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

cgwymp

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 12:43:18 PM »
I almost agreed with bschwartz.  And then I saw the drop cord on the floor and knew you probably have what it takes. ;)

I am curious - suspicious of the 360 the upper water tower hose takes?  Just an anomaly of how you've got it stored right now?

Casey

My first thought as well -- the loop in the upper hose won't work unless you plan on having a pump.....

Nice work!
Listeroid 8/1

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 10:05:01 PM »
strangely enough it seemed to work just fine with 360 in the hot water line the short time i had it running. and as for stuff to trip over there has been plenty, so bad it  was hard to find a place to step. total chaos!!  but it is a lot of fun the only problem is you get possessed and it's all you want to do.lol
i am now in search of filter assembly for wvo and wmo and a lot of other stuff. I am impressed with how talented some of you guys are and how much work has gone into some of these systems. i hope when im done mine can be half as nice!

cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 06:24:17 PM »
What generator head are you planning on using?   Are you going of grid completely?

honda lee

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 02:21:28 AM »
while I was at the scrap yard buying old propane tanks i found a good baldor 5hp 3ph motor that i am going to use as my generator. i installed 3 capisitors 60 uf each spun the motor and what do ya know i had power. you cant imagine what pepole throw away. I got it for 25 cents a pound. pretty cheap power head