Author Topic: Lovson 12/2 For Sale  (Read 9970 times)

Jetpilot

• View Profile
Lovson 12/2 For Sale
« on: February 14, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »
Found this on ebay, it is in Houston, Texas.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140512284342

Derek

cowboy

• View Profile
Re: Lovson 12/2 For Sale
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
I don't live far from this engine.     I hope I have the restraint to keep myself from buying it!

Jetpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
Same here! ;D

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 07:03:50 PM »
I am a looong ways away and good thing as I in deep dodo for purchasing a Changfa I forgot to tell the wife about >:(
Collector and horder of about anything diesel

bschwartz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 07:37:57 PM »
bids are climbing FAST!!
-Brett

1982 300SD, 1995 Suburban 6.5, 1994 F250, R170, Metro 6/ sold :( , Witte CD-12 ..... What else can I run on WVO?

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 07:41:09 PM »
bids are climbing FAST!!

Fun to watch aint it? I have never had the nuts to start an item worth that kind of money at a buck and stand back and watch it sell but then again I dont run any scams either. :o

anitel

• View Profile
    • New and Rebuilt Final Drive Motors
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 01:41:13 AM »
I am the seller of this engine.   It is an engine from the container MagnoliaJack imported in mid 2006.  Many of the other Lovson's from that shipment were sold on this forum.   

It will sell to the highest bidder on ebay.   Anybody who thinks this might be a scam is welcome to come and crank the engine up themselves.
Thomas Eastham
Woodland Fluid Power
New and Rebuilt Final Drive Motors
www.woodlandfp.com

chrismak

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, 01:49:49 AM »
I found another old baby for sale e-bay. Listing says WY.
But read the print on bottom says Texas.     http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330531049374#ht_500wt_1156

You are bidding on one used 2 cylinder lister diesel genset. Engine runs great, 2 cylinder uses only 8 gallons per day.  This is a older unit, but the older units can be repaired, and are not through aways. also they have heavier copper windings. KW is 10 as far as i know.

The good -- air cooled diesel , runs on diesel or used oil that is filtered, Lister, very good brand parts are world wide.Mounted on trailer , very portable. nothing here made in china.

The Bad -- Trailer tires hold air, but are not very good. Engine runs perfect, but kill lever is sticky and some times is hard to kill engine. will need battery.

I listed this as local pickup only, but if you arrange shipping, and pay all shipping, i will load it up at no charge.

I priced this unit to sell. no reserve. high biider wins.  Item is located in texas at zip 77865. If you would like to see it n person, please email me for appointment. I have described item the best i know how, your welcome to come see it inperson.All sales final.  If you need to leave it here 30 days to arrange shipping, no problem, and no charge as long as payment has been recieved. Payment due at auction end. If you do not intend to follow through, please do not bid and waste our time

38ac

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2011, 01:52:09 AM »
I am the seller of this engine.   It is an engine from the container MagnoliaJack imported in mid 2006.  Many of the other Lovson's from that shipment were sold on this forum.   

It will sell to the highest bidder on ebay.   Anybody who thinks this might be a scam is welcome to come and crank the engine up themselves.

Sorry the remark was not pointed at you or your item or your auction. It was pointed at some very notorious Ebay scams that for reasons unknown to me Ebay will do nothing to stop like "for sale locally" obvious shill bidding, auctions pulled for various reasons when an item is going to sell cheap, and my current pet peeve, 2nd chance offers which allow crooked sellers to shill bid an incremental bidder up to find his maximum then offer it to him when the buyer suddenly backed out.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »
This is why I like Esnipe.  I decide what it's worth, Make my bid on Esnipe and wait for the email - Thumbs up or Thumbs down.

Did you know that UPS will not discuss problems with the owner but rather only the shipper?  If there's a settlement the owner can't find out.

Did you know that Ebay's shipping guarantee only goes to the lower 48?

So be careful with big stuff.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

cowboy

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2011, 08:12:29 PM »
If any of you here end up buying this engine and you want it delivered as it sits assembled on the frame I could go get it for you and bring it to you.     That way it wouldn't need to be disassembled and you would save the crating expense.     That's how I brought mine home from North Carolina.   We would just have to agree on a price.    I wish I could just do it as a "favor", but I can't.     When I sell and deliver hay balers and hay rakes I have sold on eBay I usually get $1.50 per loaded mile.     That's usually less than they can pay a commercial guy for a heavy odd shaped piece of equipment.     Just a thought if it would help you out or save you any money, especially if you live near by, like 150 miles or so.     As an added bonus I would get to meet someone off this forum so I could put a face to a name.   How you get it off the trailer,   now that's your engineering task. ; )     I used my front end loader on my John Deere.